Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soelden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Next month i would like to cross the alps and reach a new skiing resort. As per my username, i'm italian and
as soon as possible i get in my car to spend some days skiing. on television i recently watched
a report on the "OETZ" valley, located 80 kilometers west of innsbruck: it seems a wonderfull place where is possible spend your morning skiing, your afternoon making sauna, pool and steam bath and your evening
drinking and dancing. soelden is probably the most famous village of the area.
Before looking for an hotel is somebody who can say if the place is really funny as per the tv report.
Can anyone suggest me a bed and breakfast where is possible find a warm and quite ambience?
Thanks in advance...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buonasera !!

I have not been to Solden - but every resort I have been to in Austria has been very 'vivace' !! Smile

I am sure someone who knows Solden will be along shortly.........................
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only been once but yes it is very lively. Lots of drinking and dancing and pretty good skiing. I couldn't comment on saunas etc. as I've got better things to do in the afternoon i.e. skiing. I stayed in a small hotel, Hotel Bruno, from where you could ski down to the lift in the morning but was a steep trek in the evening. We got a taxi. Much of Solden is like that because the village sits in a narrow valley, although there hotels lower down. From your post It appears to be ideal for you.

Oh and welcome to snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replay Corky.
concerning the ski area, have you been only in solden or you went also in "obergurgl" and "vent"?
The ski map appears very interesting: less slope than in solden but less people too !!
And the shops? I would like to buy a new pair of ski: did you find magazine well fournished?
Bye Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
italianskier,
I've been there twice and it is certainly a fun place for the apres-ski. The skiing is also very good. If you would like to enjoy a sauna often, I recommend living somewhere fairly close to the Freizeit Arena. I think almost all Austrian bed & breakfasts are very warm and welcoming. It may not be that quiet, because there are a lot of partying people. And if they don't wake you up, the church bells might.

Sölden may not be the most picturesque Tirolean village, but you will have no problems finding a good place for eating or partying. There are also a lot of good shops for shopping skis and anything related to skiing. Sölden is also quite cheap overall, at least food/drink and accommodation is.

Never been to Obergurgl, but it has a nice reputation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiingDad,
You said rhat soelden isn't a picturesque tirolean village.
if during my next holiday (i hope as soon as possible), i want to look for a place more tradidional, where do you suggest to go?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
italianskier,

As this is your first trip to Soelden I wouldn't bother with Vent or Obergurgl because there is more than enough to keep you going for a week, especially if you're only going skiing mornings Toofy Grin

I think virtually all the hotels in the village have their own 'wellness centre' and even some of the larger B&Bs, so again I wouldn't worry about being near the Freizeit Arena, however I've included a link to the village interactive map so you can check accommodation availability and also see its location

http://www.soelden.com/main/EN/SD/WI/orte/ortsplan_interaktiv/index.html

The apres is very lively and starts early afternoon up the mountain, and if you so desire goes on until the early hours of the morning in the village. On a number of fronts, it's a difficult resort to beat, but as already mentioned, it's not that pretty.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy