Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on buying ladies all mountain ski's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm wanting to upgrade my skis and buy my first ever brand new set! Im a bit excited... I want an all mountain ski.

I'm 160cm tall. I have a good skiing technique but am not particularly aggressive and sometimes lack confidence if the conditions are not great. I'm happy doing most listed runs and need to work on confidence for off piste (something that I am really keen on improving). At the moment I ski on völkl supersports which are getting on for 10 years old!

So far I've tried the Salomon BBR limelites, which I really enjoyed but could do with some other ideas to try before I buy!

I'm working out in Barèges for the winter so I have plenty of time to test things. Any advice would be gratefully received. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pixielikeperson,
If your looking for something all mountain then the nordica wild belle is a lot of fun and I love the Black Pearls too, a real toss up as to which are more fun, possibly the BPs are more forgiving, the WBs liked to be driven in a good way.
If your looking more off piste oriented then the armada vjj takes some beating but at 115 underfoot is not so great on piste unless your on soft soft soft snow, I hated it on the groomed ice!
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Mrs swears by (and occasionally at) her Dynastar Legend Idyll's. Super solid ski, edges really well and seem to work pretty well in the soft stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My gf loves her Voelkl Kikus all over the mountain (she used to swear by Fischer RC4 slalom skis everywhere, not anymore!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Volkl Auras which I love as a proper all mountain ski but I would recommend going to www.theskidiva.com for a bit more advice, they had loads of reviews of womens skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Blizzard Black Pearl - try them
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pixielikeperson, love bareges were are you working?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Netty swears by her Scott Rosa'a and our daughter lovers her new Line Celebrity that she got for Xmas...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pixielikeperson, whilst you are not a tall lady, my first thought when I saw your thread title was just that it might be worth keeping an open mind and not limiting yourself just to ladies specific skis.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kitty skis HEAD Rock n' Roll and loves them. Graphics are a bit knarly and they're not Woman specific, but a great ski
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy