Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another World - Halifax

Poster: A snowHead
I received the following PM and am posting it here. Mods please move/promote as appropriate? Thanks

Hi,
It's Andrew at Another World Ski & Snowboard centre in Halifax, we enjoyed yours and some of your friends company a few years age.
I hope you are well.
You asked me if we got conditions like we had a few years ago would I put eye catching thread on Snowheads, well we've had great conditions now since Monday and according to the weather forecast things are going to get a load better but I have no idea how to set up a new thread or get one noticed. Have you any suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a Yorkshireman currently iving in Essex I can confirm that it is, indeed, another world!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great shout, saw this at 14:38 was on the slope at 15:15!!!

Pretty mush had the slopes to my self, nothing amazing but a lot better than being sat at my desk!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I assume that there's only one dry ski slope at Halifax? If so then crazy_skier_jules posted a Trip Report with some pics yesterday, see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2209153&highlight=halifax#2209153
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink, Don't think it's the same place. This is Another World http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/ski/index.htm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, Ah yes, my mistake - seems like they only run when there's snow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:

That's right, I remember the threads from a couple of years ago when a few SHs went up there and had a great time snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sweet! I knew of this place for mountain boarding, did not know they did skiing, other half and I will deffo check it out, sadly pulled my neck in my sleep and it's so painful have to stay laid down with it supported, while all the good snow remains outside Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a fab time skiing there a couple of years ago. Very surreal with cows in the next field and a view of Bradford in the distance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly, I woz oop top at Queensbury t'day, and saw sum gradely slopes wi't white stuff. Wotteva 'appened to't slope there, they yoost ta bee one.

And............ there yoost ta be a slope in 'Arrogate, reet short thing made outta dendicks!

*thinks.......... should check out this 'Alifax slope 'n stuff*

Wots yer postcodeaddress thing?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another world! Hilarious if you get snow.

If you have beginners with you it's great.

The furthest slope has a runout, so lack of control doesn't really matter.

The steepest slope has enough gradient and length to put a good few turns in before riding back up on the Britton rope tow.

There's a huge shed full of hire kit, which looked to be good enough to lark about on.

YOu can get a light sanck and a cuppa too.

This is the place http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/ski/index.htm

When I was there the kit on show ranged from 'just bought it and trying it out before my trip' to 'found in the loft where my granda put it before the war'. Skyray suits, courduroy, builder's overalls, anything goes.

The lift pass is cheaper than Courchevel too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink wrote:

They stick you wheels on when there is no snow ! Easier to find than the "dry slope" too as it is just off the main road to Denhome
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, it's Halifax side! Take a left off the main road thru Q'bury to Hal - it's signposted.

Hopefully gonna persuade workaholic boyf to stop working and go to Another World with me tonight. No buses there - damn being poor and not yet passed test!

Will get pics. Although they have up to date ones on the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Another-World-Skiing-and-Snowboard-Centre/139343429452940?fref=ts
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
crazy_skier_jules Would you be good enough to report back on conditions, length of slope(s) etc please?

I haven't ruled out a trip there tomorrow night - we could be there in about 75 mins (ie the same time as it takes us on a run up to Yad Moss).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict, currently working on the boyfriend to take me and will report back with pics!

I've also talked to them on Facebook, they have good pics on there, the guy from AW who runs the FB page is joining sH.
ski holidays
I'm not sure i'd travel 75 mins to it, there are 2 shortish slopes and like someone says above would be good for beginners.

For me i'd never been and wanted to see what it was like, it was better than sitting at my desk but not a lot better than an indoor.

Might be fun with a few of you, popping a few little jumps etc.

Also looked ok for boarders, as they could walk up the slope rather then gripping the thin, slippy rope!

Like i say, it was real snow, it only cost £12 for as long as you want and it is better than work!
ski holidays
Is T'altibus running form Yeadon Geoffrey Boycott International Aerodrome??
snow report
chocksaway, T charabanc leaves on t'our
snow report
czl, Reet grand
ski holidays
They have a few runs, if you like trees, jumps, rollers and playing around they have all that. The snow is nice if a bit roughed up. The rope tows, well, they're rope tows! Good though! Take your own kit though, all the hire kit is ancient rear entry boots and skinny straight skis, but everyone seemed to be skiing fine on it NehNeh they also do Nordic which looks fun
latest report
yeah i somehow missed the tree runs!
snow report
The only lit run is the 'green' basic one, so yeah, in the dark there is little terrain worth the £12, in the day time it is probably a different story, I did some rollers in the dark and it was a bit scary not being able to see take off points LOL.

mountainaddict, - didn't get any decent photos as it was dark. But the run that is lit is about 40m or a little bit shorter (sorry I am terrible with distance judging, maths disability) and it is very easy, like a green. The rollers/terrain/skicross run is longer. The more difficult treed runs are about the same as the lit green. Apparently there is a longer green with its own tow off to the side. Someone posted a 'piste map' on the other thread! The snow on main run is good - solid base, pisted flat, it's solid hard pack. Not corduroy obviously! The other stuff is a bit roughed up but it is basically a decent covering, only very long grass stalks show through, my skis are unharmed after it.
snow report
It's rubbish, don't bother. Wink

Went on Monday night and really enjoyed it. If you stick to the main piste I suppose it's not much different to a snow dome apart from the brilliant novelty value of being outdoors in Yorkshire. A lot cheaper though.

When we went there were a few fresh powder lines though the trees off to the side. Used my mate's bike light as a head torch to see the way. Very short but great fun.
snow report
Went up today and had a great time. Really good set up and I had a nice burger and cup of tea from the little cafe.

Fresh tracks

Kicker

Tree skiing

Will definitely head back when the snow returns.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy