Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP Mounting Atomic Bindings in Niseko

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I naievely assumed that if a shop's website had Atomic on it they would be able to mount Atomic bindings. I am wrong! I am now in Hong Kong and in 2 days I fly to Niseko where I had hoped to be able to use my new skis and bindings bought through the BASI offer. Proski in Niseko has said they don't have an Atomic jig and can only help me if a mounting template came with the binding. It doesn't appear that one did (although I don't know what it would like).

Surely I can download one of these online, or there's something else to be done? I don't want these to be a complete waste of money and I'm so looking forward to using them... Sad

Please help!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, Most of the Atomic bindings are now rebadged Salomons & any decent shop will have the Salomon jig - you just need to know the equivalent Salomon model.

If you're stuck I can make you up an A4 template for the toe & heels bindings relative to the ski line which I can email to you to print off & take with you. I'll put a scale on the templates so you can ensure they print off to the correct size. I'll need the binding model & your boot sole length emailing to jon at thepisteoffice.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, oh thanks sooo much you are a complete life saver! The binding box say on them Atmoic N FFG 10 B100 WHite / Chrome. ANy idea what that means in terms of model number?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, that's a rebadged Sallie Z10 (3-10din) with a 100mm brake so you need a shop that can mount that.

What is it with you BASI folk that buy low end kit 'cause you get a pro deal on it ( http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96706 )?

Luckily IIRC you only weigh about 8st so the Z10 shouldn't flex too much! I'm turning in now but if you need the templates email me your boot sole length & I'll pick it up in the morning.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jon

Thanks, I'll check with the shop and if not email you my boot sole length tomorrow morning your time.

I bought those bindings as I have my DINS set at 6.5, so in the middle of the range of the binding, is that not right? They're going on a woman's free ride ski in 159cms, so when I sell them second hand I reckon they'll be appropriate for potential buyers too.

Sorry you disapprove! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, actually i just remembered that this binding came in a package with the ski. I'm sure for messing around in Niseko powder they will be just fine. Happy

My boot sole length is 295mm- 25 / 25.5 (that's exactly what it says on the inside of the sole of the boot). I shall also drop you an email now. Hope it's not too late, and thanks so much for your help. Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, template emailed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy