Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long lost swimming pool St Anton ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In 1976 we want to st anton as a 9 yr old

Somewhere up on Gampen or Galzig, in the middle of a forest we found an outdoor lido / swimming pool. - it was definitely halfway up the mountain and within the tree line

It is highly possible that we got a chair lift up and walked down to it

We spent 2 idyllic days there

This week, back for the first time since then, I could find no evidence anywhere , including the bookshops, the walking maps or google earth

Anyone have any vague memories of where this might have been ?

Apologies for the non-standard post. Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sev112, I remember that outdoor swimming pool as well from a family summer trip to St Anton in 1969, so you're definitely not imaging it! Laughing

Unfortunately I've no idea where it was, or whether it still exists.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sev112, Alastair Pink, I'll ask a good hotelier friend by email, was born there so will know. Before I do, just a thought, was it possibly the Maiensee, a natural lake below Galzig on way down to St Christoph......people still swim in there and it has duck-boards and diving areas, or was it a man made pool as you suggest? I think you mean the latter but thought I'd check first. Will get you a definitive answer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why are you looking for an outdoor swimming pool in Winter? Very difficult to identify under a bank of snow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, bloody easy on a map though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sev112, You sure your not thinking of the old outdoor pool in Stuben?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112, Alastair Pink, got you the answer from the local person.....

It was/ is near the hospital parking area of Dr Knierzinger in upper Moos area. If you cut across from Galzig where the piste basher station is just above Sennhutte towards Mooserkreutz hotel it's down there. They re not sure if it is still there but it was brilliant, I will go and suss it out in summer on my MTB and report back.

QED Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29, sev112, If you know where it was, if it still there you should be able to spot it on Google Earth - the photography on there should easily show up an outdoor pool.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobinS, good shout.......looks like its gone though, no sign of any pools in that area on Google Earth Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It was definitely a man made swimming pool with lanes and diving boards. Big black/ brown building on one side with some changing rooms in it, and never anyone there !

Off to google earth, back soon Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy