Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunday 10th - Sunday 17th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Good People of Snowheads,

Having got back from L2A not 2 weeks ago, some friends and I have decided we're not quite capable fo waiting another year for a fix...

We're looking to book with a T/O VERY last minute, as funds for the second trip are tight.

In addition to the budgetray (sp?) constraints (ideally we'll be paying C.£400 for H/B before lift pass inc ski carriage) I have a work diary fuller than a fat girl's shoe, so we have to go Sunday to Sunday, on 10th to 17th of March, ideally flying from MCR. We'd like to go somewhere high up in FRA, but this is a 'nice to have', not an essential.

So my questions are threefold; Which is the best T/O to go with? Should we balls it out and wait until the last 24 hours before booking? And, are we severely limiting our options by going Sun to Sun rather than Sat to Sat?

Thanks in anticipation of a response!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You're overlapping with British half term, so I would imagine there would be little availability for sat 16th.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nixtoo wrote:
You're overlapping with British half term, so I would imagine there would be little availability for sat 16th.

Isn't that February, not March??!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
that doesn't overlap with British half term, but 9 - 16th is the Paris holidays so French resorts will tend to be very busy.

I should think you could well get some good deals - I think some TOs do a lot of Sun/Sun changeovers. I'd give France a miss that week. Austria? Italy?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The 9theo 16th of Feb is half term for a number of UK areas.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
10th - 17th March is clearly not half term, so you're fine there.

If its really last minute you're looking for, perhaps best to use an online travel agent rather than individual TOs to scope for a price. Someone like Iglu or ifyouski.com will give a cross section from a number of operators. Saturday - Saturday is the more popular time for many of the larger TOs, though there are plenty that do Sun - Sun, you just may not get the type of choice as if you could travel on the Saturdays.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Thanks for that - useful to know as FRA will prob be out then - the idea of a piste full of talented French children making me look even worse than usual is a definite concern...

Dav, Thank you for the link - we used Iglu Ski for L2A and they got us a superb deal so they're a good shout.

We've done Italy for the previous 4 years, and if it is indeed school holidays in France, then Austria could be a great idea...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LukeRibs, pam was referring to February. March 10-17 is fine, it'll be relatively quiet in France, that is not holiday time for the French. The French holidays typically go from early Feb to early March, I think there was a collective confusion about your travel dates.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dav, oh! Good stuff - thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
LukeRibs, 9-16 March is definitely the second week of Paris holidays - that is the week we are in Chatel for our lad's trip - only 1/3 of France on holiday but it is the dreaded Parisians. Go for Austria.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I take it all back, apologies! Much later holidays this year than when I worked my seasons. Just to clear up confusion (including mine...)

http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dav, thank you! That's Austria back at the top of the list then!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy