Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MK Virgin - Please be gentle with me!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to MK this evening and it's the 1st time I've ever been to an indoors slope and haven't really got a clue as to what to expect.

My initial questions are real numptie ones;
> what do I wear? - full ski gear / partial ski gear or jeans and T shirt. Helmet?
> what do I use? - I know I'll use my own boots but skis and poles?
> what do I do? - I'm going as it's been organised by my Sailing club, I'm guessing you'll all come back and say "practice technique, practice technique, practice technique" which yes is fair enough but tbh it's unlikely to be a regular thing and I'm only realy going to support the guy who's organised the social event.

finally, is there anyone from here going this evening?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marcellus, I'm not a regular visitor but I did go there a couple of times last summer, my take

- I normally wear ski trousers and jacket (sometimes softshell) with just a t shirt underneath
- Their skis aren't very good, I take mine
- If it's just an hour I normally just ski up and down, if it's busy there may not be that many runs anyway. For longer practise is worthwhile

Enjoy wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't been to Keynes for a while. The biggest hassle may be meeting up. There'a a large desk thing in the building, but it's quite a way inside and there are corners that people can get hidden around.

Get checked in at the big desk thing, get a sort of paper ticket (from memory). You're supposed to wear the ticket, but they drop off all the time, so don't let it flap too much.

(The original design had a barcode reader in the lifts so that users couldn't ride up once their ticket expired, but I've never seen them working)

Everythig after that is down a crridor n the right, that takes you past the visible slope.

Ther'es a huge obvious ski issuing desk. Hand over a boot, tell them your DIn, or height, weight, ability. Get skis. Change in cubicles or just out gloves on if you're not bothered. It's about as cold in there as it is outside now, so not arctic. Jacket, gloves, maybe ski trousers if ou feel like it, jeans if you're utterly cool and never fall, if you wear jeans and fall, you look like an idiot who hasn't a clue.

Sticks are in racks and I think you just choose them yourself.

Past the cafe with the viewing windows there's a sort of airlock with sliding doors. Walk in, step on snow, clip in, choose a lift and ski.

What to do ? It's a fairly short run, so if you don't practice technique, you might get a bit bored.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marcellus,

Partial ski gear. I wear jacket and salopettes but street clothes underneath. I never wear a helmet unless on the rare occasion I'm skiing gates, but many do as high rate of collisions if busy.
I never ski on the slope's rental equipment as I don't enjoy it. There is a risk to your ski bases from screws sticking through the wooden boards underlying the lift track so stay very much on the track esp near bottom and top to minimise (not abolish!) risk of damage.
If you're only going the once, just ski. If you get bored, practise something. If you go regularly it's mind numbing unless you work on something, even if it's maximising the g-forces you can get on a 160m slope in a shed with slowish snow. When the snow at MK is good, it's head and shoulders better (if a competent skier skiing fast) than my experience of any other indoor slope in the UK (I haven't been to CF though) and as good as any I've been to in the world. Not likely to happen of a Monday (or any) evening but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bear in mind that it's often shut between 6 and 7 pm for pisting.

The main desk has been relocated to closer to the entrance now, and if you hang about there, it's hard to get lost or miss anyone.

Rather than using the cubicles, go through the toilets and there's a large communal changing area, but as everyone uses the cubicles, it's almost always empty. It's also drier underfoot as it's less used as well as having far more space.

Thursday and Friday evenings are freestyle nights, with all the terrain features out. I "THINK" there may be race training on a Monday night if I remember right, but it only takes up a narrow part of one side of the piste. It won't be that busy either way.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is usually race training on a Monday night run by http://www.gravitysnowsports.co.uk/. They're pretty good too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take lots of change for parking and lockers! Just have fun!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gatecrasher wrote:
Take lots of change for parking and lockers! Just have fun!

parking's free after 6.

Lockers are £1 but non-returnable
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
feef, Ta, only go there on race days...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers All, we're getting the at 19:00 so no issue with parking and basically getting ready for a couple of hours of standing on snow with some sliding down followed by Food!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus, I am pretty sure its free parking after 6pm Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy