Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bag Advise & Help......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

In need of some help and opinions please.

So first Ski holiday coming up and looking at a double ski bag to fit my 168cm Ski's, poles, boots and hopefully a lot of my clothing too!

The bag i was looking at was the LOKKER Team Double Ski Bag - http://skibag-lokker.deal-net.co.uk/double-wheelie-ski-bag-lokker.html

Has anyone got this ski bag and if so, how much did you fit into it? Also is the ski bag strong?

Or open to other ski bag suggestions that will suit my needs!?

Thank you

Phil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
upbeatelliott, see here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96238 they have probably sold out but you might be lucky snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
upbeatelliott, I have just bought the Lokker bag and it is really well made and strong. I plan to use it for my next trip but bought it on the advice of rob@rar from Inside Out Skiing, as he has one that I gather he puts everything in.

I think the bag that sarah refers to is sold out now, but this is also a good bag (although not quite as tough as the Lokker one), especially for the price, so worth getting if they have more in.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check the regulations on the airline you are using, some don't like the big 'clothes+skis' bags.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
upbeatelliott, I have a single ski Lokker wheely bag, they are a bit shorter, but the build quality of the one I have is outstanding.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a.j. wrote:
Check the regulations on the airline you are using, some don't like the big 'clothes+skis' bags.

Some being most? That said, after all my panicking with my ski bag, loads of people had double bags with clothes and they didn't blink. Guess it depends on their mood?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a match made in heaven here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96645
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for your replies.

So will the airlines reject the Lokker ski bag due to the actually size? Surely if your inside the weight you will be ok!?

Thank you

Phil
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got that bag. Good quality, spacious but a bit on the short side if you have longer skis. I've just about managed to get a pair of 177cm skis in there, but it was a bit of a squeeze.

Airline luggage allowances, including maximum size, do seem to vary. I've flown with it on BA, easyjet, Swiss and Japan Air Lines without any problems.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar), Thats good to hear. I have 168cm Ski's so mine should be ok. What else did you managed to get into the bag? Boots? Cloths? Poles? etc etc.

Thank you

Phil

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 21-01-13 13:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
upbeatelliott wrote:
Thank you for your replies.

So will the airlines reject the Lokker ski bag due to the actually size? Surely if your inside the weight you will be ok!?

Thank you

Phil

Not size - some (most) appear to have a rule about not putting clothes in with skis/having more than one pair of skis/board in there. They didn't appear to check, though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy