Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - need to correct sloppy technique

Poster: A snowHead
marc gledhill,

I don't have problems, I am awesome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, soz flicksta I meant Hornster, Embarassed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc gledhill, Inside / Outside ?
To move the knee out, try a shim under the inside edge of the boot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobertC, t'other way round as it turns out. Bit of cornfake carcass strapped down the outside of the footbed pulls the knee across, so I'm told.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marc gledhill wrote:
RobertC, t'other way round as it turns out. Bit of cornfake carcass strapped down the outside of the footbed pulls the knee across, so I'm told.

This is 'Drastic Plastic Syndromme': A line of descussion used by those frequenting dry ski slopes too often. You guys ski often, get your footbeds/boots delt with. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, very, very good assumption. I presume you disagree?

Trouble is, I won't be near a decent bootfitter until late Jan '06, so I was going to give it a crack in the meantime.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, My knees dive together when I flex. Very Happy I skied like this for years until it was picked up on by a BASI 1. My wedges were glued to the rigid inner boot floor and went on the heel area of the arch (medial)side of the foot.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, is that the inside or outside side?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, Very Happy Supporting the heel on the Big toe side of each foot. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Marc, no worries. Try it. It's VOODOO MAGIC, MAN!
Medial, inside(Meridian/centre). Lateral, outside. Posterior, behind. Anterior, in-front. These are handy terms to know in skiing.

'Bunny, glad it worked. It's less likley to cause a problem with, volume, if this is done outside the boot or with a well built footbed. Assuming you boots fit. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It did work. It made my skis, ski flatter, before, I was always on an inner edge. I am going for a boot fitting, for new Boots in a couple of weeks at Profeet. I will expect them to pick up on the problem.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It did work. It made my skis, ski flatter, before, I was always on an inner edge. I am going for a boot fitting, for new Boots in a couple of weeks at Profeet. I will expect them to pick up on the problem.

Hey, Bunny i'm glad it worked.
Don't worry too much if they don't work with the alignment too much. 90% of alignment is in the Orthotic. Have fun, tug the Wolf's beard for me! Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Have fun, tug the Wolf's beard for me

Que Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Que Confused

A wolf escaped from the Zoo, last seen around Kensington. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
90% of alignment is in the Orthotic.

Wazzat?
snow report
Hornster, having watched a program called Snow Patrol on Sky, it seems you don't have to be a beautiful skier to ski well. The park skiers on that program ski with their hands in their pockets, leaning back and still manage to ski okay. Smile
ski holidays
marc gledhill, the footbed.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

He was around, but the beard was far too short to get a grip Toofy Grin
snow report
Someone in an earlier part of this thread mentioned 'scarving' turns. What are these?
snow report
conor, it's a skidded carve
ski holidays
How does that work then? I thought the idea of carving is that you don't skid Puzzled
latest report
I can skid, carve, pivot and slide all in the same turn, and often have no idea how they merged or even originated Puzzled rolling eyes Puzzled
latest report
Uh oh.

Please don't let this turn into a "Am I really carving? For which part of the turn? How much? Perception vs. Reality" thread.........
snow report
veeeight, I wholeheartedly agree. Much better to ask 'How much of the turn am I really carving?'

I also knock on doors and run away. Razz
snow report
conor, yes, that's the idea, but sometimes, if you want to reduce your speed shile in a carve, then just let the tails wash out a bit.
ski holidays
conor, Just to knock on the door and run away ala Scarpa, these are the sort of turns that are produced by many, when in reality, they think they are carving................ Crying or Very sad
snow report
veeeight, yup.
latest report
"Many"?

..."most" I think...

(ducks)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy