Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers Edge Do They Work

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would be interested to see what the thoughts are on these regarding improving technique and fitness, do these actually work or are they just something else to clog up the cupboard space?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you do a search you should find quite a few threads. The general consensus seems to be that it is a good piece of equipment but too expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're looking to go pro, then things like this might give you an edge, but you can get the same training elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought one of these at the end of the ski season (about the middle of April). I can't compare it with other fitness products and I am sure a regular workout in a gym will do just as well for general fitness. However, I have used it 6 or 7 days a week for the past 7 weeks. I followed the advice in the manual and built up the workout from 10 minutes a day for the first week. I am now doing an adapted workout of my own for 30 minutes a day involving a variety of sprint and crouching exercises. I would of been very bored of 30 minutes a day of continuous side to side motion. I can certainly feel those ski specific leg muscles working.

Technique / real ski fitness, I cannot vouch for. I'll find that out at the end of the year. However, I can run my 16 year old lad into the ground when we are playing tennis.

I tried mountain biking for fitness last year and probably didn't get out more than 2 or 3 times a week and when the weather changed I really couldn't be bothered.

If you have the cash I would recommend it.

PS

As snoman says

"The general consensus seems to be that it is a good piece of equipment but too expensive."

That sounds like just about anything to do with skiing. I paid about 1100 new and delived btw for the all mountain TS5 model, they do not advertise the prices, you have to ask!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry old thread, but thought I would reply anyway. I've been using one for several years now as a pre-season warm-up exercise. It's hard to say exactly how much difference it makes, but it sure fires up most of the muscles you actually use in skiing and I've found the first few days on snow much easier since I started using it. It's also fairly easy and convenient to use and you can work up a good sweat in 15-20 mins use. So it's quite focused and realistic to use if you don't have the time for a full gym routine. I normally try to use it 4 or 5 times per week in the 3 months leading up to the start of the season.

As for cost, yes it is expensive but I think still worth it in the long run unless you are already super fit from other training methods that use the same muscles.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have today had a skiers edge big mountain delivered. Hopefully set it up tonight and give it a blast Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I managed to get hold of a 'pro-ski simulator basic machine' from a UK supplier in ex-demo form for half the retail price of a new one . . .haven't started using it yet but intend to batter it in the run up to my hols . . .will be interesting to see the results!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here are my first impressions - after taking a little while to get used to the machine (balance was a bit suspect at first!) I can confirm that it really focuses on the skiing muscles.

I am a very fit middle aged man. I run a lot, but am not ski fit. You can do around 100-110 turns on the machine in 60 seconds. After three rep's of 60 seconds and with a 60 second break in between I could feel the lactic acid build up in my thigh muscles, and they were a tiny little bit jelly (pathetic I know).

So I have started off with a 3 minute workout (5 if you include the rest periods) and am going to build this up with more rep's first before adjusting the tension of the bands upwards.

I aim to do a workout most days as it doesn't take long, leading up to my first ski holiday of the winter at New Year.

So overall, first impressions are excellent. The machine also has the added advantage of improving muscle memory/technique which can only be good. A resounding thumbs up from me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy