Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter ski trip - where to stay in 3V?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Due to my new skiing buddy being a teacher ( old ski buddies decided to get married instead of going skiing this year - how inconsiderate!) I am going skiing a few weeks later than normal and planning a ski trip starting the Easter weekend?

Since my mate has never been skiing on a mountain I decided to start him off in the Three Valleys, just because the slopes are so good and there is an enormous variety.

We haven't yet chosen which village to stay in but would the time of year influence you? Will Meribel be ok or should we head to VT?

Have never been this late so don't exactly know what to expect although I did a week of slush skiing in Alpe D'huez last year so know what that is like!

Cheers

Sid
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went a number of years ago at Easter to the Courcheval we ended up in 1550 it was a last minute allocation on arrival deal so we weren't sure which accommodation / village we would be in. The run down from 1850 - 1550 was very patchy looking so we always did extra skiin up high and came down in the gondola. Runs were good down to 1850 and 1650 was getting slushy coming down to the town on the afternoon. We tried going through Meribel and over to Val Thorens but it was so slushy in Meribel that we let it put us off and went back up high over 1850 where the snow was good but the others in the chalet did on over and said it was good once you got over there.

Obviously you have no guarantees.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like your style kosciosco, clearly old ski buddies not dedicated enough. You did the right thing getting a new one wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We ski 3V frequently as sons work there as instructors. Have skied there many times at Easter. Can remember paddling through slush into La Tania on 18th April many years ago. Easter is quite early this year (1st April) so everywhere should be OK. If we are there at Easter I'll pm you and meet up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ, was your Easter trip as early as this year i.e.first week of April?

Timberwolf, anyone that decides to give up their annual skiing trip to get married has their priorities completely out of whack!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think it was the first week of april but may have been the second. I couldn't take any time off earlier due to a project which needed to be delivered before the end of the our works financial year. However the was before they fixed our FY year end date so then it ended on the last today before 5th April and we flew out on the Saturday the following Friday was Good Friday.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kosciosco, let your new ski buddy learn the hard way ........................... drive out to Val Thorens, you'll get some some great skiing, he'll get the message................. find a better ski buddy.

FFSM, taking a newbie to 3V, .......................... try an austrian glacier resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimastaaah, really? I had my first trip in Courchevel and thought it was perfect. However I won't be taking him up to the glacier above VT, bit scary for a newbie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kosciosco, in early April I'd choose Val Thorens over Meribel. Though I'd probably choose Courchevel 1650 over either. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I find 1650 a little too much out on a limb. 1850 is perfect but much too expensive for a teacher watching the pennies. Meribel has the advantage of having lots of chalets so a cheap deal can be found. I was also looking at Reberty which is cheaper still but not sure how good for learners.

The other option is Les Arcs or La Plagne which I also think are good for beginners.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1550 is significantly cheaper and just means an extra lift ride up on a gondola to get to the centre of 1850.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have skied Courcheval 1300, 1650, Les Menuires and St Martin at easter and all offed good skiing, even back to the villages. For a beginner I would head for either VT or 1850. They jsut seam to have the best skiing at that time of year.

And expect spring skiing conditions
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kosciosco, You can also watch the last 2 races of the British Junior champs and all the British Childrens champs being held in Meribel that week. Or the Scottish FIS races in Courcheval. There will be lots of British kids/juniors and families there that week along with all the race clubs from UK.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w,
Quote:

Though I'd probably choose Courchevel 1650 over either

Me too, the runs in that area are the best for staying skiable in very warm weather. I've had lovely skiing there when the snow in Meribel was like porridge. On the other hand, for sheer convenience and the ability to plan skiing in whichever area has the best snow on the day, it's hard to beat Mottaret as a base. I personally wouldn't stay in VT (just because I don't like it much) unless it was so late as to be the only resort likely to have snow at all, but that's fairly unlikely in the first week of April. In my experience, anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy