Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

** FLUMET **

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we are just about to book a ski holiday in Flumet, Espace Diamant ski resort.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for our visit?

There are 4 of us and two need to hire equipment, we will be there 24-31st March 13. We are staying in a private self catering Chalet. Would you advise buying the ski passes in advance?

Also does know of any cheap car hire companies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Georgina
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpinresorts try discount code snowball.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
georgieporgie15, skimium.com for ski hire - gives some useful discounts.

I know the area well, if you have specific questions. You can buy passes in advance online - might save some queueing. Get the full Espace Diamant pass. If it's a warm spring the lower slopes, including Flumet, might be a bit slushy and you'll want to get higher. But very often conditions will still be great in late March.

I don't know any cheap car hire companies - but you'll need a car. Flumet gives its name to part of the ski domain but Flumet village itself is not on the slopes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think there is a joint lift pass, called Espace Dimant, coves Flumet and 5 other resorts.

Flumet is small enought ski area, so you might be best buying the joint pass

I am not sure if they are all lift linked, but as you have a hire car, you could drive to nearby Les Saises
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am not sure if they are all lift linked, but as you have a hire car, you could drive to nearby Les Saises

They are all lift-linked, but it's very probable that if they are staying in Flumet they'll need to drive to get to any lifts. I can't think of any ski in/out places in Flumet. The Flumet lifts including the steepest draglift still left in France, enough to strike fear into the heart of even a reasonably good boarder as the only escape, if you fall, is to hike through the woods, descend a tricky black run and try again. Some lovely empty pistes through the trees if the snow is still good. wink If the snow in the valley is not good (and the end of season in Flumet is 12 April I think) it's much closer to drive to the top level of Notre Dame de Bellecombe (Les Frasses) which provides access to some of the best skiing in the area, two chairs serving a variety of pisted and off-piste runs in a big east-facing bowl which keeps its snow very well. Les Saisies is further on, with more gentle skiing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy