Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Martin de bellville

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I are staying in St Martin over my 40th birthday 9th-16th March.The plan is to have a relaxed cruisy time around the 3 valleys with long lunches on the mountain and in resort restaurants in the eavning. Looking to spend €80-€100 for lunch and €150 for dinner.Could anyone recommend any good restaurants in this area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure there will be others to recommend more.

There are quite a few in easy reach of St Martin, including a couple of our favourite mountain restaurants. La Loy on the left as you go down from the top of the Gondola back to St Martin is our new favourite - the Plat du Jour is usually excellent, and the rest of the menu is also great. Le Grand Lac at the bottom of La Grange chair is another favourite, as is L'Ors Blanc in Les Menuires. The 2 restaurants at the top of the St Martin gondola are also very good.

You do know that St Martin has it's own Michelin star'd restaurant don't you? - La Bouitte.

We also have some favourites further afield, particularly in Val Thorens and Courchevel, but as I only know where they are, and not their names, I'll let others point out the best in these areas.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hatchet, you absolutely must eat in Le Montagnard for dinner on your birthday. In the Michelin guide (but not starred), it has a great chef with a modern take on Savoie cuisine, and very friendly yet modest service.
Cost about €250 for dinner with the works for 4 people last year.
http://www.le-montagnard.com

Also recommend Le Grand Lac for lunch on the mountain, with a second choice vote for La Loy.

Enjoy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Etoile des Neiges in St Martin - dinner. Upmarket and suggest you need to book. Might have a star

Roc Tania - top of Loze. Solid lunch

Chalet de la Marine - Val T. Lunch and a must if there is sun and you can be outside. Probably need to book

Not eaten by La Panoramique at top of Saulire looks like it's had a refurb (and I suspect price refurb). Great spot

Chalet Chardon Blue at bottom of Jerusalem - solid lunch but v nice if there's sun

Chalet Tonia - Meribel top of Combes. Good lunch
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.valthonet.com/food/restaurants/restaurant-le-bel-air-courchevel-1650.html
My favourite for a special lunch up the mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica wrote:
http://www.valthonet.com/food/restaurants/restaurant-le-bel-air-courchevel-1650.html
My favourite for a special lunch up the mountain.

always make the trip there, but remember to book... tel no is +33 479 08 00 93

The courcheneige is a great location and also cracking value. +33479080259

If you want michelin star try as mentioned below http://www.la-bouitte.com

or if you are in 1850, the chabichou or the kilimanjaro both have stars.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let's not forget the 2 Michelin starred L'Oxalys restaurant in VT for a very special lunch. The Chalet de la Marine is very good and I ate there last year. It has two parts, a self service restaurant downstairs and the posh bit upstairs. I still want to do L'Ours Blanc in Les Menuires but it always seems to be closed by the time of the EOSB. Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There can be no better lunch stop than on a sunny march afternoon, on the terrace, at http://www.hotel-ours-blanc.com/en/ in Les Menuires. Brilliant view, value and food, suggest you book though. Catch the Doron chair up from the La Masse base to just above Les Menuires and you can spot the way to the hotel on yr right as you pass above the nursery slopes.
2nd is La Ferme, piste-side on the Boyes piste as you descend past Reberty Villages to Reberty. Ski onto your table.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy