Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cross country skiing in and around London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It is snowing In London Smile)) I am planning to get my cross coutry skis and try skiing a bit in Richmond Park. My skies are thin, suitable for tracks, does any one know if it would be alright trying them in Richmond Park where there are no tracks? I am hoping that snow will not be deep so it might be ok but I am not sure. Never tried before, I guess I will have to find out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elinesia, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead That sounds a great idea. When I did a week's beginner XC ski lessons we did get out of the tracks quite a lot and tried some "off piste" skiing with the instructor, in quite deep snow actually. We weren't very good at it (to put it mildly) but it was a laugh. Give it a go. Photos would be nice!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elinesia,

Mrs M has been about and about many times in Dorset. She has classic track skis at 50mm wide.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I once did Deptford to London Bridge on skinny skis. Had to go fairly early but only took them off for one road crossing. I got a lift home from work that day. That would have been winter 90/91 or 91/92. There were no tracks, but that shouldn't stop you giving it a go.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richmond Park was very crowded today, I couldn't manage to park my car. Instead I went cross country skiing in Hyde Park. It was fun. Without tracks it is not possible to go fast but it is still very good to break a sweat.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did you have a child carrier on as well? Saw one chap on what looked more like a touring than XC set up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, that was not me. I went in the late afternoon. There were some tracks, I am not sure if they were XC tracks though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds fun! Must have a go at XC
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Elinesia,
Did you enjoy getting out on your track skis ? I can skate a bit on mine when the need arises. The roads here made a great circuit til the rotten council came through with a gritter Sad
Is nice to hear from another langlaufer as I often look at Snowheads but can rarely join in as I know nowt about downhill except they need lifts !
I am off to Seefeld tomorrow to ski from place to place and eat lots of nice cake ! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I am off to Seefeld tomorrow to ski from place to place and eat lots of nice cake !

that sounds terrific. Have a great time. snowHead You can afford to eat lots of cake when you don't slob out on lifts, like most of us do. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And here I am now looking at XC packages on Sport Conrad for next time it snows. I've just been for a run along the Trans-Pennine trail and couldn't help thinking how good it might be for skis Laughing
We never did get round to having a go in Flachau, it was always too nice up the hill Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy