Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is 360 psi too much for Fischer Vacuum?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I had my Vacuums molded at 360 psi (this was NOT my choice; bootfitter insisted, long story). They ski great, but are painful as hell in the heels, to the point I can't walk to the car without pain.

Ummm, should I ski a bit and see if they pack-out, or have them remolded at a reasonable pressure, like 300 psi?

Also, for you reference, my 5th and fourth toes (pinky and ring-toe, if you will) are numb in the boots. I think the 360 psi was so much that it exerted a force on my feet stronger than the force gravity and foot structure exerts against it.

Again, long story, but should I get them refit at 300 psi?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMO the problem isn't the pressure but that he didn't put enough protective spacing foam around those areas. The standard stuff is too soft, a problem which I recognise is logically made worse when the pressure is higher, but I found at any pressure it was better to add bootfitting foam in addition to the Fischer pads.

That said, think I did nearly all mine around 250 - 300 simply as most people couldn't tolerate the process any higher! Not working with it this year so can't recall last season exactly.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 25-02-13 10:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do people get these molded with those plastic spoilers in? Seems to me that part of the boot can't ever be molded to the rear calf (still an important part), thus diminishing effectiveness of the Vacuum fit.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Suckers!!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OnPisteSkier, I can't remember how they come but think out of the box the spoilers aren't attached. In any case they aren't very stiff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy