Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not much fun in GVA this evening

Poster: A snowHead
Just watching a friend's flight from EDI to GVA on flight radar.

Was 2 hours late leaving EDI and now looks to be diverting to Zurich or Basle

Looking at the GVA arrivals board, everything is being diverted just now.

Hope those affected get where they are going - eventually!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was able to fly out of GVA about 2.00pm (after having two cancelled flights earlier in the day) and there was a lot of disruption, but that seemed to be as a result of incoming flights being out of place rather than GVA itself. Not sure why flights have been diverted unless the snow, which was very light this morning, has got much heavier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, some reports from Gva suggest snow there is quite heavy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like I was lucky to get on the flight I did.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sat in departures, airport closed till at least 7pm for snow clearance. I can live with it after best week's powder of my life, ah well, may as well get a beer Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On the rocks, Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also sat here. Bored $hitless and nothing landing or taking off. Still clearing the runways, huge delays
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Edit* airport now closed until 8pm at the earliest.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Head back to the mountains and ski an extra day, I say.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just checked the aviation data, shows light snow but ceiling of 500ft which may be the problem.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It isn't snowing anymore and hasn't been for an hour. Not really sure how long it takes to clear a runway, but obviously a very long time. It just puts things into perspective with people moaning about UK airports. The fact is any airport in Europe will close with snow, not just UK ones.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, Whereabouts are you? I'm sat by gate B32
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On the rocks, why not PM him your moby number?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the rocks, we are at departure gate C. About 5 easy jet flight have just cancelled, plus loads of other airlines. Just looked out of the window, there is probably about 5" of snow on the ground. The worrying thing is the later liverpool flight has just gone, also there isnt much happening in terms of clearing snow. Anyone in the uk attempting to get here, I will be amazed if you do tonight.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm on BA waiting for a plane from LHR, it's going to be a looooong night. I think you're right re inbound flights, would imagine it will be very difficult getting into the mountains tonight too
ski holidays
The EZY Liverpool Newcastle Gatwick(x2) inbounds have been cancelled.
Runway clearance not the only snag - with the delays building thru the day crews will be out of hours and planes will be in the wrong place - deversions have been all round - not just to Lyon

As per the forecast (perhaps I should start another thread and not just put it on the Tignes one)
ski holidays
BA 742 and 736 cancelled. 738 awaiting update (from BA.com)

On the rocks the road in Tignes is running with water = no snags up here!
latest report
Arrived from Liverpool at about 15.35, sounds like we were very lucky! Will be at apartment in 10 mins thank to Swiss public transport. Also wifi on the bus!

Very Happy
snow report
ugh not what i wanted to hear. I'm at Manchester Airport hotel now my flight to GVA is first thing in the morning. This will be fun! :/ if i get up at 4am and its delayed i'm going to be very grumpy about it!
ski holidays
I spent 13 hours at GVA the January before last (with a 1yo in a pushchair).

That video of the bloke opening the tin of caviar got *really* boring by about the 600th time watching it.
latest report
Russeh, the Manchester flight this evening is still on the ground in Geneva. It needs to get from Geneva to Manchester for your flight tomorrow.
snow report
Mr Piehole, It got really boring having a beer when we weren't held up. Toofy Grin
snow report
Easyjet gatwick and Lisbon just cancelled. It's only a matter of time before my flights cancelled

Stanstead just cancelled
snow conditions
Belfast just cancelled
ski holidays
Just seen a flight take off
ski holidays
Luton cancelled
latest report
On the rocks, we heard it and cheered!

Edinburgh cancelled
latest report
Bristol cancelled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bug, my flight cancelled
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, thanks for the heads up *sigh* well theres still time yet i guess its what only 2 hours away?
snow conditions
Russeh, 1hr 30m the flight. There is now 3 easyjet flights still standing Liverpool x2 and Southampton x1.
ski holidays
well all i can do is turn up as ontime tomorrow and hope for the best. are you at the GVA end now then? it looks things are moving again there
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Fingers crossed for you and crazy_skier_jules and her Mum (Ruth de Luge) for the Liverpool flights!
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, thanks! We can hear planes landing/taking off again which is a bonus. We have been here delayed for 3 hours now, and the easyjet check in staff have all disappeared and we haven't been given any vouchers or anything.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, not EU? Wonder what the deal is. Last two flights weve had delays on the airlines have been very pro-active in issuing vouchers - only £5 per person though
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, Are you on the 7288 ezy site showing its cancelled.
latest report
chocksaway, no. 7286. The other Liverpool has just cancelled that joules is on.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Ezy showing a forecast 2200 departure.

Anybody else need a flight no checking - sat here with little else to do until the lifts open tomorrow....
ski holidays
chocksaway, it's been saying that for nearly 2 hours now. The worrying thing is the earlier Liverpool flight that had been scheduled to leave at 21.50 has now cancelled.
latest report
you all need to get to a bar, get SH donations rolling in (you will need them at Geneva Laughing) and grab a comfortable seat
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy