Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Using skins a400 (not the thermal one) as a baselayer??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My thermal baselayer is shot so was thinking on using my Skins A400 instead? Okay its not specifically a baselayer but it wicks and is tight fitting so maybe okay to wear under a 320 merino mid layer? Wondering if anybody has tried this, thoughts appreciated? Heading to Whistler next week so need to sort out the layering....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably depends on how much you feel the cold. However, I was there last March and used the tights and tops that I run in (CWX Pro and Helly Hansen Lifa top). Neither are thermal and I was fine. I have skied in January many times (and in BC in January) and I have never worn "thermal" baselayers. Prior to getting the CWX tights just wore basic Helly Hansen Lifa ones and have never had an issue.

I just wear a decent fleece layer under my shell and had no problems.

Have fun.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do whatever feels best, and keeps you the warmest.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ac505, not warm enough at all if you feel the cold , but a skin then a wicking gym top under the mid layer would work better
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ac505, play with it and see . . . we are ALL different and whatever works for us as individuals is the right way.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't imagine something designed for a vigorous activity like running will keep you warm while skiing in -5°C and below. Heard good things about their S400 ski thermals though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
S400 3/4 leggings are really good , warm , with a good level of compression Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canterbury-Cold-Sleeve-Compression-Baselayer/dp/B0030BPJKC/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amz07b-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1358531314&sr=8-1

I wear one of these when skiing, my body has never been cold whilst wearing one skiing. I imagine what you have is pretty similar.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wore a "normal" compression layer in canada (out all day) and europe in the spring/xmas (lost of chairs but not especially cold) in Jan last year and needed and extra mid layer to compensate. This year I wore a "thermal" compression layer and the same mid layer and was just right. Your experience will no doubt vary! N.b. I did enjoy the compression benefits tho' I must say and will wear compression from now where feasible/possible etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy