Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last weekend in Gerlos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We booked easyjet flights from Edinburgh to Munich and then took a hire car down to Gerlos.

We had one hold bag and one snowboard bag containing a set of skis and board, I had measured the combined weight to be 31.5kg so did not expect any hassle at the airport, on the check in scales the combined weight showed up as 33kg but the woman at check in did not bat an eyelid.

Drive time from Munich airport to Gerlos was 2h 15m, slower than expected as there were active speed limits on all the German sections and there was a bit of snow on the road for the last 5 miles or so.

We stayed at the Wohlfuehlhote which was fantastic. We had a room at the back with a balcony that overlooked the end of the piste, perfect. DBB was about £80 a night each.

We arrived on Friday evening just as it was starting to snow, it dumped about 30cm, overnight so the op was great on Saturday morning, we ended up with sun for most of both Saturday and Sunday which was great. The area is great for a weekend as it will take you a minimum of 2 days to ski everything. Lots of great bars on the hill and a few good apri ski in the village.

Directly across from our hotel was CIN CIN, really lively but get very smokey later on, too much for me as a non smoker.

We were really surprised that for the entire weekend we did not hear any other Brits, it was mainly Locals, Germans, Dutch and a few Ruskis.

Great weekend!

The hotel.

View from our room.

Elevenses?

A bit of apri on the hill at a place called Seppis

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy