Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for best ski resort and company for couple do first season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya All,
Me and my boyfriend are looking to do our first season on the slopes. i have 0 experience and he has moderate experience snowboarding so we are looking for somewhere to match both of us. we are both 24 and really not into the whole a shot with every drink and stay up all parting (we aren't boring honest) but a lace were it is more about getting out and playing on the power than playing in the pub. i have done some research and have got Sainte-foy Tarentaise, Alpbach, Flaine, Arabba, Les Aples, La Thuile and Laax. But cant seem to find any reviews from seasonerrs can anyone recommend a resort for us to start. also we would like to do Chalet hosting as there seems to be more job opportunities for us to be working and living together.
cheers all
Trubs
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trubs, Welcome to snowHead

I imagine you'll be doing well to get a 'resort of choice' as a 1st seasonnaire with a bigger tour operator e.g. Inghams, Crystal, Ski Esprit unless you have some very specific skills that you can trade - e.g. head chef or similar. Places like St. Anton/Meribel etc probably get the returners 1st pick, and then a few of the rest. Some of the resort you mention St. Foy, Alpbach are probably to small to have a presence of a 'larger' tour opertor. I'm not aware of one in St Foy or Alpbach and I've never heard of les APles.

However you will get more instant drinking/skiing buddies and probably a bigger resort, and less of a feeling of 'everyone knowing everyone's business'. If your chalet hosting the menu will be by rote and after 4 weeks you'll have 'If it's thursday it's the duck' down to a fine art

If you want more control over location than if you apply (and get a job) with a smaller operator then by definition you'll have more control - e.g. Ski Beat (largely tarentaise), Ski Hame (Merible & La Tania) or YSE (Val D'isere) to pick just three at random(ish). You possibly also have more flexibility over menu choices if you've got the skills.

If you haven't done much cooking then one of the chalet host cookery courses is probably a good idea - if the recession carries on like it is they'll be a huge bunch of people looking for work in the alps come december..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trubs, welcome to Sh we are based in Plagne Montalbert, and are lookking for a couple next year, PM me if you would be interested, La plagne would be a great first time for the season. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy