Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey/Vallandry Feb Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, any suggestions?
We are booked to stay in Vallandry for Feb half term and now have the chance to arrive a day earlier and grab some extra ski time! So, I'm now looking for a hotel or B&B for the Friday evening, so far everything I've looked at is full.

I'm happy to widen my search to Bourg or even Albertville and hoped some snowheads might have some suggestions

Many thanks Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
allthegearnoidea, that's a very busy night, and places book up months and months in advance. Albertville would be fine - IF you can find anything. There are a number of hotels there, including a Formule 1 very near the road through, if budget is tight. It's a small place - nowhere would be more than a few minutes from the road. And a couple of massive supermarkets nearby if you need to stock up for self catering. Arriving very early on the Saturday is a very good idea, but be aware you'll need to be equipped to ski from your car as most accommodation isn't ready till around 4 pm.

Think hard about your departure, too. Either leave the resort very early on your final Saturday or (better) ski all day then drive a few hours north (Dijon, for example) prior to finishing the drive home on Sunday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allthegearnoidea,

Regrettably I have nothing constructive to add, other than to say that I'll be in Peisey-Vallandry with friends and family during half term too (10th Feb to 17th in our case).

Here's hoping for great conditions and fab skiing.

chemistry
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info pam w, you're so right, we plan to arrive as early as poss and leave very very early on the final saturday.

I've taken a look at the F1 you mention, already full. A good idea to combine with a trip to the supermarket, so I'll take a look at the other hotels in Albertville. But sounds like everywhere is going to be full, so might have to forget the exta day Sad

Have a great time chemistry... we stayed in Vallandry for the first time last year and loved the skiing, can't wait to return.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
avoid Hotel de Savoie in Albertville, they are useless, La Roma may have space but I'd get in quick, and if anyone suggests Hotal Banadine then ask them if they have ever managed to find the blooming place!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy