Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne 1800 to Plagne Bellcote, bus or ski?

Poster: A snowHead
We're booked to stay at Plagne 1800 this weekend for a week. I noticed it seems to be only serviced by two main lifts, one a saucy-steep drag lift and Plagne 1800 chair.

Looking at the nice cruisy-blues and reds, they all seem to be on the left side of La Plagne and leave from Bellecote lifts. Is it easier to get the bus to Bellecote or is it a nice enough ski there with small amounts of walking between stations using the Plagne 1800 lift?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mal0r, it's a while since I've been there but I don't remember the drag being difficult. I had ski lessons in Centre and skied back and forth - never took the bus. You've picked a great week - loads of snow, not too many people.

Someone with more up to date knowledge will no doubt be along soon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Though, I must say, having once stayed at 1800 I did resolve that any further visits to La Plagne would be to somewhere more convenient. It did feel a bit out on a limb.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have it mainly for the kids and convenience of nursery and ski-school.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does the Telemetro stop at the top of La Lovetierre ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mal0r, I think you might be looking at an out of date piste map. There are 2 chairs out of Plagne 1800 [at least there were last January). It's a nice easy ski from either to Plagne Centre or Bellecote.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can see two, from the map on La Plagne's web site, that's the 1800 and the Lovetierre. I was probably just over-estimating the distance from lift to lift and thought it may be more uphill than downhill. Looking back at it, I think it does look like an easy ski to centre from top of Lovatiere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
www.laplagne.co.uk/index.php/la-plagne-news/plagne-1800-chairlift
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lovatiere is a drag-lift though, 1800 is one chair, maybe my map is old, I can't see the 2nd chair.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah many thanks Sugarmoma, that should mak elife a bit easier.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
See link above. I think Melezes has replaced the Lovatiere drag.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Although, I cannot find an up to date piste map with it on at all, not even on La Plagne's site. I'm probably being daft but...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If anyone is just back from La Plagne and have a paper piste map, can it be scanned in? I don't know why resorts are so precious about their maps sometimes. Online = good advertising!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mal0r, http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/

that stupid man with the wings needs to be retired. rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The bus is easy enough to catch to get over to Bellecote.

There is a chair lift out from the bottom of Plagne 1800 near where the ski school is, think its the Melezes that takes you upto the bottom of the Bergerie. It crosses the road that enters the left hand side of Plagne centre as you look at it on a map.

Its a fairly straight foward ski down to Bellecote from there although if your children havent been on ski's before there can be a tricky section closer to Bellecote depending on conditions but is fairly wide, just take your time.

We always stay in 1800 when we go to La Plagne.
snow report
Many thanks to one and all. I will look forward to the shiny paper map in the ski-pack on the coach transfer Razz
snow report
I stayed in 1800 a few years back. Lifts are no problem at all so do not worry. Quick lift up to main lifts and one up to the Golf run. However bus service is fast, frequent and free if you need it.

We stayed with Crystal Ski at Rose II. Search the forum for a full review I wrote. La Plagne 1800 is quiet but for families its OK. La Plagen centre is not particularly busy/big either.

Enjoy
latest report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1445344
Chalets change as do service providers.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
mal0rthat stupid man with the wings needs to be retired. rolling eyes

don't be so grumpy, he's part of the furniture, like the dude in the red wooly hat!
snow report
Nice report Mike-H, we're going with Crystal, and also chose 1800 for the ski school and creche. I have a twon map and will look for where you staye din comparison to our chalet. I should be able to gauge distances/walking in ski boots etc.

Standee, Pam, it would be handy if a certain energy drink did give us wings on the pistes.
snow conditions
Standee, I just think he looks such a twit, with those wings. I think I went off him when waiting for people on a delayed plane in one of the airports - Chambery, maybe. Or might have been Grenoble. He was plastered all over the place. Laughing
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Standee, I just think he looks such a twit, with those wings. I think I went off him when waiting for people on a delayed plane in one of the airports - Chambery, maybe. Or might have been Grenoble. He was plastered all over the place. Laughing

But he's a guardian angel looking over paradise!!!
snow conditions
Looking forward to doing this:
http://youtube.com/v/7riZ5EnBNXs too, looks like a quiet run!
latest report
mal0r wrote:
Looking forward to doing this:
http://youtube.com/v/7riZ5EnBNXs too, looks like a quiet run!

It's a decent run if it's not busy, but there are some VERY flat bits, also the tunnel is a nightmare if people are pushing their kids along right in the middle, tracks get laid during the day that make the ruts hard to get out of sometimes, there's quite often a bump before you exit that "spits" people out, can be funny watching people face planting because they haven't noticed it. It's not as long as that video makes it look (which I guess depends on your speed), but you'll have fun even if it is a bit busy, enjoy.
latest report
mal0r, I may be wrong but I am certain the creche is still next door to Rose II.

Look on the piste map (download a piste map app). There is a green nursery slope in 1800 that is about 200m long. It ends near the golf lift. The chalet rose ii overlooks the golf lift. We skied donw the green run and made our way up the slope to the road and straight out near the chalet.

if using chambery airport I have one tip. There is a large creche upstairs away from the crowds to entertain the kids and relax. Crystal staff were on hand that worked in the creche.
Mike
snow report
I'm in 1800 for the season and there is no longer a drag lift in 1800 (apart from on the nursery run opposite the UCPA) to get out of 1800. There's the 1800 lift which takes you up to Aime (next to Le Loup Blanc) and the Melezes lift next to the ESF ski school which drops you next to the Bergerie lift.

Ben
ski holidays
mal0r, Was there in 2003/4. Chair lift up and out was very easy and not too busy. From the top (Aime ?) it was a fairly easy ski over to Plagne Centre and then onwards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy