Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado snowpack LOW

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The situation has not changed much since Jan 1 as no significant snow has fallen since.

As of Jan. 1, Colorado's statewide snowpack was 70 percent of average — the fourth lowest snowpack in the last 32 years.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22314564/colorado-snowpack-levels-off-slow-start-but-could
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up to a point.....

I was in Winter Park, last week (6th-11th) and it was clear they were suffering from a shallower snowbase than usual - a lot of young treetops poking up through the snow, where in previous years they've been buried, and lots of rocks to scrape the bases of your skis (but mine were rented - haha!). However, I was told that it wasn't as bad as last year (about 45% annual average).

Anyway, conditions for "packed powder" were pretty good, and the bumps and trees provided an alternative to simply bashing the groomers, and most days were bluebird days (apart from last Friday morning, when I had to head off to Denver airport Sad , when it was snowing at 6am, had clearly been snowing for some time, and continued to accumulate up to about 11cm).

- The storm then proceeded towards Denver and delayed my flight to (sunny but chilly) California by a couple of hours while we sat in a queue for de-icing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last season was a very bad one for them, but you know what we had a really great time in Breckenridge and did get lots of skiing in, let's look on the bright side eh stanton snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy