Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Goggles. Giro Basis/Bolle Gravity

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

So, I want to get some new goggles and I've been doing lots of research into lenses etc. I'm really interested in some Bolle Gravity goggles which I've found with polarized "Aurora" colour lenses which will be great for contrast in cloudy conditions. However, since doing my research I've also found some great Giro Basis goggles with lenses made by Carl Zeiss (!!!) but I think these "Loden Green" colour lenses are more for bright conditions.

Has anyone got any advice on which pair to buy?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Totaly depends on what you want. Do you need goggles for white out, low/flat light, mid light or blue bird days? Or do you want one pair that will be 'ok' in most conditions?

Since I bought a pair of the oakley airbrakes with easy to switch lenses my faff time "wait, wait, the sun has come out, I want to change my lens" has increased but it is very nice having the perfect lens for the conditions.

If you just want one pair of goggles do some research on 'all round' lenses.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bolle do a lens for the gravity called 'modulator'. It's a photochromatic lens and will adjust the lens tint within reason to suit the brightness levels.... worth a look?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy