Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Minute , Good Value Chalet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My girlfriend and I have decided tonight that we need to get away skiing soon so we've pencilled in w/c 17th January, can anyone recommend a good place I can go to find a good chalet with maybe a little bit of a last minute offer thrown in?
We're happy to look just about anywhere tbh, as long as the snow and chalet are good!

Thanks in advance,

G
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalets direct forum
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le ski always seem to heavily discount their prices for late deals. whether its what your after is a different story but i believe they have a good reputation.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
greido, that's a fantastic idea and certainly throughout the northern French Alps the snow is tremendous everywhere at the moment. If you find a good deal, post it here, and there will almost certainly be someone who knows something about it, who can advise.

Because the snow is so superb last minute offers might be thin on the ground. Ski Olympic are a very good firm - they have a bit of a reduction on a chalet in Courchevel 1650 - one of the best bases in the 3 Valleys. http://skiolympic.snowsystm.com/blog/?p=3433

But that's w/c 20th Jan - there won't be so much for 17th Jan. That's Thursday?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Ski was very good when we used them for a last minute trip - also Courchevel 1650 - but that was 10 years ago!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Greido do you really mean 17th as in the day after tomorrow? Not much left for this weekend as far as I can see. Next weekend you'd probably get a decent deal out of skiworld, they are known to negotiate on the phone, although perhaps not when conditions are this good....Iglu still showing a few deals around £440 - worth a call.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
greido, Do you mean feb 17th as that's a sunday ?

Either way I've always got a good deal on Chalets Direct solutions room , if you can get flights for a decent price , I reccomend it Chalets are always better that tour op im my experience , if not it's trawl the tour operators for flight inclusive deals.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Le ski have some chalets this sunday for £500-£550pp including flights & transfers. beginning to wish i'd waited for a late deal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good spot on the date, I meant w/c Sunday 27th Jan.
Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Do you mean feb 17th as that's a sunday ?

and French and British school hols; unless they're teachers they'd be mad to be going then.
Quote:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Hindsight? I bet people on SHs were advising there'd be good deals for mid January.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes i bet too. i cant bring my self to take the risk in case i cant find something i want, whereas in reality mid january, there's likely to be good deals to be had. at least by booking in advance i have plenty of time to look forward to it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
www.alpineanswers.co.uk
www.igluski.com
www.sno.co.uk
www.askforfritz.co.uk

Just a few to have a peruse.... leave until 23rd/24th and you should get proper low deals. Be prepared to have a limited selection though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I saw a tweet from snowhead's snowretreat http://www.snowretreat.co.uk with some pretty good deals for the rest of January.

Likewise Ski Amis always seem to have something very tempting. I stayed with them earlier this season and was very happy with what they provide, especially as it was just £180 each for the catered chalet. http://www.skiamis.com
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try ice-fire.co.uk, they are also Snowheads.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
greido wrote:
Good spot on the date, I meant w/c Sunday 27th Jan.
Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated!

We have fully-catered availabiilty from 26th January if that works? Drop me a PM if so and I'll send you details Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy