Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I was reading that!

Poster: A snowHead
But it was deleted. So I prob shouldn't start another thread about it!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So was I! Am in a hotel, went to dinner, came back and it's gone! So was it pulled because it was fraudulent, libellous, or what????
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Raceplate, probably all three Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, so what happened in the last hour I was away?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was carnage...best thread ever....sorry Raceplate, I hadn't looked since 6pm Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fraud or scam I expect. Plus malware
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
was that the liftpass scam?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, saw that this morning whilst sat in Liverpool airport. Though it was a scam!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He's still got a couple of posts if anyone wants to take him up on his kind offer?? Laughing

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2200957&highlight=#2200957

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2200946&highlight=#2200946

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 15-01-13 21:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, yeah, i read the 1st page and then it vanished. How bad did it get? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was also reading it - read up to page 3 then when I went to read the final 4th page it was gone! Perhaps admin/one of the mods can update us on the reason for pulling it - it was quite entertaining but the OP definitely had the aroma of fishy spam (thought - never realised spam could be piscatorial! Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tom Doc wrote:
Masque, yeah, i read the 1st page and then it vanished. How bad did it get? Twisted Evil

He got shredded- no one fell for it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dredgey, Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apart from over here I've never heard of a European lift company discounting a pass beyond age, residence or duration terms as posted. TO's may get a small % returned to them but for someone to post the drivel he has is beyond suspect. However . . .

if admin or another official snotHead would like to sub an experiment with a protected ID and account I say go for it and let's see what's kosher?

dredgey, read first few posts and went to get a life.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
Apart from over here I've never heard of a European lift company discounting a pass beyond age, residence or duration terms as posted. TO's may get a small % returned to them but for someone to post the drivel he has is beyond suspect. However . . .

if admin or another official snotHead would like to sub an experiment with a protected ID and account I say go for it and let's see what's kosher?

dredgey, read first few posts and went to get a life.

Ehhh I think that's exactly what they did and the pass worked (today at least), I'd like to know whats happen since?
snow report
Someone did and had an active pass it seems, with further validation ongoing which as all reccord has been removed I am assuming has reached its natural conclusion!
snow conditions
ansta1, there are still live threads somewhere in here.
snow report
If he toned down the volume a bit it would help his sales pitch . . . I'd still deal with him in an 'escrow' manner ie. prepaid disposable card and disposable email and address details.
ski holidays
I was surprised that it got to 4 pages before being pulled. It was interesting reading though.
ski holidays
Balls, I was reading that too. I went to see if Flangesax had reported back and it had gone!

Oh well, I think it's fair to say everyone smelt a rat.
latest report
There were some quite good insults directed at Mr Lizzard (sic). Laughing Helped while away some of my cabin-fever hours!
snow report
Piccadilly, he did report back. The pass worked, but he'd made enquiries to skidata to see whether the route that this person was proposing was genuine and not fraudulent/a scam.
ski holidays
hammerite, and was there any update on that? (sorry I probably shouldn't ask, seeing as the thread was deleted!)
ski holidays
pam w,
Quote:

Helped while away some of my cabin-fever hours!

Last ten days of the Vendee Globe, if you've not been following it.

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
Fraud or scam I expect. Plus malware

it wasn't malware - I downloaded his 'price list' - it was just a pdf file (did scan it with Norton before opening tho'.........)
latest report
cad99uk, thanks, good idea, might have a look at that tomorrow!
ski holidays
Piccadilly wrote:
hammerite, and was there any update on that? (sorry I probably shouldn't ask, seeing as the thread was deleted!)

I was reading page 4 just as it vanished. There was no real update on it but the general feeling was that in spite of a working pass there were some sort of legal issues/computer hack...
latest report
^ hmm that's not surprising. It had to be dodgy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm giving it a go next month, so I'll fill you in on how I get on.
One day at a time of course.
ski holidays
Are these just day tickets? If so I can see how he's doing this . . . clever Neutral A little more of a faff for a week but budget skiing.
ski holidays
Go on....
latest report
Curzonian, I'll wait to see. If he's going the route I think he may be, he won't be here long. Very Happy
latest report
That's a shame, SkiPass was excellent entertainment...
snow conditions
I'm intrigued and entertained! But too would love to know the final outcome!
snow report
Piccadilly, sorry didn't mean to ignore, I've become engrossed in Game of Thrones...... but no I didn't see any more?
ski holidays
I'm guessing that the spectre of illegality and the prospect of having his collar felt for what may be argued was aiding and abetting persuaded admin to pull this thread.
latest report
Nah, admins just cutting a deal so he gets in on the game before re-launching. the offer.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
It's something that's much needed in Europe and if the guy has legally negotiated a way of buying tickets at a discount then once he gets a credible front end then I could see it being successful. At the moment TOs take all the volume discount, no reason it couldn't be a middleman willing to share the benefits with the punter. Best TO I ever went with was honest enough to pass all the discount onto guests but they were kind of niche.

I never understand why Euro resorts don't do more to compete for the off-peak punter with pass pricing - perhaps the TO model & 6 day pass standard is the reason. Obviously the gravy weeks there's no incentive for them to discount.
ski holidays
Can't agree fatbob.

The bloody nonsense in nth America, $100 face prices, but available with food vouchers, from a 7-11 fifty miles away for half that...

The EU system is far superior, I like to know I don't have to shop around.
ski holidays
Boardban, I've paid face price at the bottom lift Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy