Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

travel munich to niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
travel munich to niederau 20th jan approx 8pm, return to munich from niederau in time for 8pm flight
anyone like to share transport?
we are four,were thinking about the train but it seems to be booked up at the time that suited.
hiring a car is possibility but from what i read munich can be a nightmare at times
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The train is never booked up but there will not be a connection to Niederau from MUC at that time on a Sunday night.
Car hire is the way to go. Sunday evening will not be a problem at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In days gone by we used something called Four Seasons Travel (www.tyrol-taxi.at) to take us from the airport to Niederau which seemed to work efficiently. One time we were a bit held up as waiting for a chap off a Heathrow flight but what the did was arrange a taxi which picked us up under a bridge somewhere between Kufstein and Worgl to speed things up.
Other times we took the train from Munich airport to Worgl and a taxi from there.
And other times we hired a car from the airport and drove to Niederau = you are on the bypass so don't go anywhere near Munich.

Make sure they haven't all gone to bed by the time you arrive! we got there quite late once, having had a dreadful drive over there from Les Gets which took forever, our hotel (which is now closed) was shrouded in darkness by only about 9.30 or 10 but we were able to get in - figured out from the register and the keys on the hooks which rooms were free and just moved in. But to get something to eat at that time of night was impossible - ended up with a few dry bisciuts and some nougat someone had given us.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys you're very helpful
i thought i'd checked the timetable a few days ago and there did appear to be a train from the airport at 8.05pm on the sunday but upon checking today it's unavailable,i must have been mistaken.
the worry i have about driving back to munich stems from experience two years ago when the airport signs disappeared suddenly and we found ourselves in the centre of munich.honestly,i'm not usually so daft,what a sweat we were in that day.
i've never used satnav so will rely on map and signs and hopefully get it right this time!
we've to be at airport for say 7pm,plan to leave niederau at 430,do you think that'll be enough time?are accidents,hold ups on the way commonplace?
the woman of the accommodation we're staying in knows we'll be late and i don't go anywhere without teabags and supplies,big tea fan!
i will have a look at four seasons travel though,you never know.
wish us luck!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd leave plenty of time for the return journey. Better to spend an extra hour or so in MUC than on the A8. The other night it took me 1hr30 - maybe 2 hours from Zillertal junction (not much further than Niederau) to the A99/A9 turnoff (ie where you turn of the Munich ring to the airport). That was with a bus with no back wheels causing a big jam at Kufstein (bet the Polizei had a fun Sunday evening shift).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carolyn50, book with one of the regular transport companies then you are guarnateed not to get lost nor be too late for check in (unless thing go pear-shaped big time on the journey back). At 20.00 on a Sunday the roads are very quiet going in the direction of the ski slopes. But your return journey could be quite a lot slower.

Leaving the area at 16.30 will mean that you hit all the day and weekenders returning to Munich and all points north and west of Bavaria from the Tirol and Salzburg areas. As the snow is currently very good and more promised all through this week, lots of my friends and colleagues are talking about going on day/weekend trips. It may go well and there are no hold ups, but judging by last Sunday when I was on the road at that time listening to the traffic reports, it could very easily all come to a serious halt very quickly.

A locally based transfer company, like 4 Seasons, know every single way off the main drags and then some (there are lots of ways off the A8 that are not marked on the map for example that locals use to get out of jams). They will get you to the airport in time to get through all the necessary check in and security checks. There is a list of transfer companies on the Munich Airport web site so you can mail them for quotes &/or to make arrangements. If you are travelling with EasyJet for example, they often only have one check-in desk open for ALL their flights on a Sunday evening and the queues are horrendous. Plus they are downstairs in the notorious Terminal Z but their Gate is often in Terminal 1 Module D or E which is quite a hike when you know the layout. I've got to do this run in February so I'm planning my routes and timings already to make sure I cover all my based and that my guest not only gets to the airport in time, they also get home in one piece. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
downhillalltheway wrote:
... but there will not be a connection to Niederau from MUC at that time on a Sunday night.
Yes there is. Leaving the airport no later than 21:04 gets you into Worgl at 23:30 or thereabouts. OK, it's a few changes, via Ost Bahnhof, Rosenheim, Kufstein but it does the job.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller wrote:
downhillalltheway wrote:
... but there will not be a connection to Niederau from MUC at that time on a Sunday night.
Yes there is. Leaving the airport no later than 21:04 gets you into Worgl at 23:30 or thereabouts. OK, it's a few changes, via Ost Bahnhof, Rosenheim, Kufstein but it does the job.

I was looking at all the way to Niederau. I still think a car is a better option. One of those connections is only 6 minutes which with baggage etc could be very tight. Also leaving at 2104 off a 2000 arrival ought to be easily possible at MUC but you only need a 15-20 minute delay and slow baggage delivery and you are stuffed with nothing but an expensive taxi as an alternative.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks samerberg sue
but,gulp,they seem to charge nearly 300 euros return!
our journey back to munich is on a wednesday,surely not as hectic as a sunday?
we're aerlingus
thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
downhillalltheway, there is no direct train from Munich Airport to Worgl. I would certainly trust the train connections and 6 mins is plenty.

carolyn50, 300 Euro divided by 4 really isn't bad for the return trip. I'm surprised it's only that actually.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carolyn50, Wednesday you could use the train and relax. Possible changes at Rosenheim or perhaps just München-Ostbahnhof where you have to change to the S-Bahn (S. 8 to The Airport). To be honest I'd take one of the transfer companies. Is that Four Seasons or a price quote for all of the people based at the airport?

300Euro between 4 is only 37.50Euro per person per trip if that is the return price. 75 Euro each way means taxi in and train out in my book Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
300 euros is still a lot of money for us unfortunately.
still undecided
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
But if it is 37.50 per person per trip then that is really not at all bad - it is quite a hike from Munich airport to Niederau, not just up the road.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy