Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recon HUD has anybody tried it out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of buying the recon HUD for my father in law, for two reasons he loves his gadgets and he loves skiing. And I thought it might get me lots of brownie points.
Have any of you guys had a go using the system? Is it worth the money?
Thanks guys
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice, pretty, shiny new tech . . . me want . . . but more crap to lug around and charge of an evening Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I probably should say that I desperately want to have a go myself also.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got it in Oakley goggles. Not used it on the hill but first thoughts are these:

It will be brilliant - but connections to other devices are still a bit clunky. I've got it to talk to my iPhone ok, but you have to pair it each time you turn it on - not a big problem but not how bluetooth's supposed to work.

You can control music (volume, next track) but don't expect to browse playlists or search for tracks.

It's so new owners are being used as beta testers - if you don't mind things not working immediately (and the manufacturer blaming Apple for everything) then it's fine. If you expect things to "just work" (as we Apple fanboys tend to) then it can be frustrating.

Having said all that it's amazing technology - mine can talk to my phone, tell me who's calling, show me texts, act as a viewfinder for my camera and tell me where my children are.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tried it in a shop and don't like the placement of the screen. You have to really look down and re-focus to see the screen. I thought it was supposed to be like a pilot head up display with the screen projected onto the lens at a distance, thus avoiding re-focusing, but no.

Perhaps the Oakley model is better in this respect. I imagine in terms of Bluetooth, GPS and other features they are very similar.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
I've got it to talk to my iPhone ok...

Really I have one and I thought you could only pair with Android - how have you managed to pair it to Iphone?

As far as a review is concerned....

Good points - all the screens show good info and the data is close but not too close to the eye and works pretty well.
Bad points - calibration of speed etc etc etc is not as good as it could be and distance covered I think is always over-estimated!

Overall I like it but at £400 (including the goggles) not sure it is QUITE worth that much.

Have been using mine day in day out for nearly a year now and battery still seems good and still works just like it did on day one so pretty reliable!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy