Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hire Shop levels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just putting the finishing touches to my trip. All that is left is ski hire, but I'm not sure what level I should book. The shop I'm using has Evolution level, which is an Atomic Vario Fiber suitable for green and blue runs, or Performance level, which is either Salomon BBR 7.5 or Rossignal Pursuit 14 suitable for all pistes.

I haven't skied for about 6 years and when I was last out I skied mostly blues with the odd red towards the end of the trip, I expect this visit to follow a similar pattern, so I'd probably put myself between the levels above. So the question is, am I better off getting skis slightly below my level or slightly above?

All advice and suggestions gratefully received, thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Slightly above I would say. A lot depends on how aggressive you are likely to be once initial confidence gained. Always go for intended improvement, just as long as you dont go too far, which by the sounds you are unlikely to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And the BBR is something of a marmite ski, love it or hate it (welll I just think it is boring!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get the bog standard - hire shops live off the vanity upgrade business, unless you know specifically what you want and why don't bother IMV.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nunfa1, Rossi pursuit is nice - go for those
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First up the skis on the Skimium website (or any other) are for illustrative purposes, which means even if you book that level you might not get those particular skis.

Secondly, the BBRs have always been crap but the Pursuits have been getting good feedback.

One general warning: the hire levels are designed to offer skis that suit your ability, but sadly this is rarely the case - in France in particular the more basic the level simply means the older the ski. So a beginner might receive a three season old pair which have just been bounced down the classes, and as a result are1) not at all suitable for beginners and 2) are rather tatty.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies. I should've stopped reading after the first one though, it was nice and straight forward at that point. Laughing

The Skiset shop I'm using do give you the option to pick one of the two skis they recommend for that level, just makes the whole thing even more confusing. And just to further muddy the waters, I looked up reviews for all the skis and the Rossi's were apparently not great for sliding on, and my turns are definitely more sliding than carving.

Sometime the internet is bad. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy