Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tall order for suitable ski resort - geneva airport, but lots of time to choose

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, hope I can generate some suggestions for a rather long list of requirements. We'd like to go half term next Feb (2014) so lots of time to choose, the half term bit has to happen due to GCSEs.

We are two families (10 people) (4 adults (2 blue runners who like wide unchallenging ski-ing and may need private lesson), and 6 kids (4 teenagers, all red runners and ski all day so will need reasonable size ski area, 2 will attempt blacks) and 7 and 9 year old with 1 week ski experience, but will be able to manage easy blues with more tuition). Would like to hire chalet to suit 10-14 to hire "as a unit" but not catered (as two of the adults will cater). We could split up into 6 and 4 in a "next door" type arrangement.

Most importantly, 8 of us probably going to fly into geneva, and would like to take the train (2-hours ish) then be picked up by car (by the other 2) to travel the last bit but would need this to be a very short journey (i.e. less than 10 miles).

Chalet could be a mile or two (max) from lifts/village as car could do 2xtaxi journeys with car, but would like ski in if poss (or even ski-in ski out). Nightlife unimportant, although be nice to have a restaurant or two within walking distance (or a mile or two in car). Chocolate box scenery not that important, but don't fancy being in an apartment block - as we will eat in, the "niceness" of the accom is important.

Snowsure is important. The travel thing is very important. The choice of runs/ski area is important. The "cost of ski-ing" *quite* important e.g. lift passes, ski packs, tuition but would prefer to be at a place which offers a wide choice of runs quickly. For the sake of the drivers, France and Switzerland seem likely.

Do I concentrate on getting the right resort first ? When I have looked on websites, every resort seems to get good marks for most things. We have just skied in Leysin which was fine but need a diff resort, last year we stayed with Miranda and Chris at La Giettaz which was gorgeous, but probably need bigger varied ski area accessible quicker.

Thanks in advance to all who make suggestions. Shelley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have seen these chalets advertised On here, look lovely and are for the right number. If you book the whole chalet then you can have it as self catered

http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/

Ski area should certainly fit the bill and transfer from Geneva is 2.5hrs

I haven't stayed I them myself though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy