Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chantemerle advice last minute holiday booked for Sunday lift pass ski school and ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just booked a last min hol to serre chevalier chantemerle to l'adret apartments but would like to know of any recommendations we are a family of 4 including a 7 and 9 year old probably all going to ski school adults have spent around 40 weeks on snow so ideally some off piste lesson maybe even a day trip to la grave? Lift passes what's the best deal should they be bought and paid for in uk or locally on arrival and lastly ski hire for kids where is convenient and possibly handy to leave skis at the end of each day rather than have to carry back to apartment? Really looking forward to our holiday and hopefully some advice from knowledgable snow heads will make it run all the smoother
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevenwebster, there is a Twinner in the centre of Chantemerle just above the chairlift. Always used to have a good range of gear. They will also rent out lockers. Again, right by the chairlift.

I've always tended to buy passes there to be honest.

Regarding off piste lessons, a personal recommendation in Chantemerle would be Denis Lucas at ESF. Really nice guy and first class English.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevenwebster, price at the lift pass office window is the same as online, unless you are with a tour operator that is offering a better deal (699€ for a family pass for 2 adults and 2 children). There are lockers near to the cable car in Chantemerle, with heated boot racks. I think you get free access to these with your ski hire if you rent from Melquiond Sports, which is the big ski shop on the same side of the road as the Adret apartments, as far as I can remember skis and boots were of decent quality too . There may be other lockers, but I haven't used any of them.
For off-piste lessons you could contact New Generation in Serre Chevalier. They are based in Monetier, but it is easy to get the ski bus along there. They can also recommend guides for a day in La Grave. http://www.skinewgen.com/resorts/serre-chevalier/ .

Ski pass link is http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/winter/ski-area/skipass/family-pack/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I was in Serre Che the other year (staying in Villeneuve) we used ski connections (http://www.ski-school-connections.co.uk/) for an off piste group lesson. Worked out at very good value between 4 of us for 4 hours. You can arrange to meet them on the mountain so no need to faff getting over from Chantemerle. Instructor was excellent, good at catering to the differing abilities/bravery levels of our group and took us exploring in some lovely areas.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our friends used Regis Sport (Skiset) in Chantermerle (about 20m from the lift) to rent skis from and they were allowed to leave they're stuff there overnight. Even better thought, they allowed me to leave my own stuff there free of charge. You can leave your own boots and skis (at your own risk, but it seemed pretty safe to me - nothing dissappeared) but you can't leave your own poles. One of our friends rented brand new, top of the end ski's from there so they have pretty decent kit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also, there is a Bureau de Guides at the bottom of the Luc Alphand that probably does off-piste touring in winter. We used them in the summer once for a glacier walking / ice climbing trip at La Grave and they were excellent. We paid for a guide for 3 hours, ended up with about 5 hours as our guide said he was happy to stay and enjoy the mountains! Not sure if that office is open in winter though but they have ones in Villeneuve and Briancon if not.

Lift passes - just buy there. Same price and usually hardly any queue.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for buying when you get there - went to Villeneuve last year and the Tour Op didn't do the family pass so was better value to buy them there (and no real hassle!)

+1 for contacting Gavin at New Gen for lessons.

Don't miss the baths at Monetier - fantastic experience. You'll probably find the ski buses useful as well with children - you can set out across the resort without worrying about time/tiredness getting back - if the kids have had enough you know you can always drop down to the nearest village, have a drink and get the bus back!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy