Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warning! No Ski Boots In the Cabin of Monarch Airlines

Poster: A snowHead
All boots must be packed in hold baggage with this carrier.

If this information already exists elswhere let me know and I will delete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just wear them Happy - no rules about shoes if they get through security
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thornyhill, Does state you can't do that either.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done it at security and they get :confused:. Best idea? email Monarch and tell them you are giving your money to a sensible carrier instead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just been with Skiworld, flew with Monarch, sure I have seen it mentioned in the brochure. Always pack mine in my case anyway, no desire to carry them around the airport with me
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Always put mine in the hold too. We are flying with Monarch Charter and it clearly says into the hold baggage only.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With Monarch you get free ski carrage, With other airlines that means a boot AND a ski bag! is that different with Monarch?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tweeted Monarch who replied that it's ok to take boots into hand luggage....

Their exact reply:

Quote:
@Monarch

@greghilton Hi Greg, you can put ski boots in your hand baggage as long as it doesn't exceed 10KG or 56cm x 40cm x 25cm total. ^VC
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just spent some time looking around, it's been a long time since i carried skis on a plane, is it now normal the ski and boot bags need to be paid for seperately!

Used to be if you paid for skis a boot bag was included. please could someone set me straight??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends if your flying scheduled or charter. Charter flights have a max 5 kg hand luggage and scheduled 10kg.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Monarch's ski carriage limit is 13kg spread over skis and boots, not that I have this in writing - yet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little worried, their site just states

"Skis and Boards"...
"Subject to maximum weight of 13kgs per item with the exception of bikes and scuba dive equipment (20kg) per item"

should we be putting the boots in our hold bag or are boot bags ok?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hate to do this but could someone who has flown with them recently answer the above question?...

i.e. Bump
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will i need to pay extra to stick my boot bag in the hold then?

Glad I've noticed this thread as I'm flying with Monarch in a few weeks!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We flew Gatwick - Innsbruck by charter with Moanrch on 16 - 23 Dec . There were 5 of us and all they were interested in was total weight of our 5 hold bags , 5 boot bags and 3 ski bags. I had checked and they were happy with seperate boot bags as long as within 20Kg limit.

On the return they insisted on weighing hold plus boot bags together. And then ignored it !

I see little point in taking boots as hand luggage ( as long as you within weight roughly ) esp as I have seen it allowed at Gatwick but not at - by memory a few years ago - Grenoble - cue panic repacking in teh terminal.
ski holidays
Its the first time I will be taking my own skis and boots and I am flying with Monarch. I plan to take my skis and boots in one large padded bag. It doesn't exceed 13kg so will I be Ok? Puzzled
latest report
My advice from a French company using Monarch as a carrier: "boots must be in the suitcase not in ski bag, or in cabin baggage". As ski carriage is free with stuff, shovel probes, poles smuggled etc. fair deal.

My flight is Saturday, I am ringing to ascertain the weight limit if any for ski bag?
snow report
Take The Train...
snow conditions
Ski boots are part of your hold luggage and neither will be accepted to be carried in the ski bag nor as hand luggage. Cut an pasted from Monarch Airlines sales agreement

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 15-01-13 16:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Cynic wrote:
Ski boots are part of your hold luggage and neither will be accepted to be carried in the ski bag nor as hand luggage. From Monarch Airlines

Unless you ask their Twitter people, who say you can!!
snow conditions
Quote:

Ski boots are part of your hold luggage and neither will be accepted to be carried in the ski bag nor as hand luggage. Cut and pasted from Monarch Airlines sales agreement *note source change

Maximum weight for free ski bag 12kg (if travelling with this option)

This from the horses mouth 10 minutes ago, but obviously different horses will have different opinions, some will be winners and some may cause repacking at the airport, take your pick.
snow report
I think Monarch rules can be different according to whether you are on a charter or schdeuled flight.

Best IMV to email them and carry a copy of their reply ( which for us was quick and helpful ). There is no " free " carriage on charter flights becuase - I guess - the TO takes the ski charge or at least some of it. But they allow separate boot bags and ski bags up to around 13 Kg . I have never seen a set of skis which weigh more than 13Kg..............
snow report
We went from Manchester 22 December and they were not bothered by our boots as hand luggage, could be because the aircraft was half empty... they did weigh our ski's though (I had a wheel bag with other stuff in it and that didn't bother them as it was below 12kg)
latest report
Loads of boots in bags on flights to/from innsbruck over the weekend. I wonder if the words on the website mean no loose boots as hand luggage??
latest report
And what about roller ski bags with everything in them? That is people with checked-in luggage and skis all in one bag?
ski holidays
Rishie, You obviously have a hold combined weight of 32Kg
ski holidays
monarch have told me thro their facebook page that i cant put a separate ski boot bag into the hold alongside my case unless iv pre booked ski carriage, as im not taking skis i havnt pre booked this.i havnt got room to put them in my case with everything else, anyone got some recent experience of this? im flying from gatwick to grenoble on a chartered flight btw.
snow report
rizzotherock, get a bigger bag, pack less, move other stuff into hand luggage or take boot as hand luggage??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waiting for a reply to see if i can take them as hand luggage from monarch, every other airline iv used has always allowed me to put them into hold separately with my suitcase, dont know what monarchs problem is with this
snow report
rizzotherock, yes Monarch told me I could put boots into my hand luggage........
latest report
kitenski, cheers, thanks for that info
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy