Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Today 5pm Very Happy
BBC 2
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On BBC HD too, looking good
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a chat with Ed on Friday in St Anton. We were sitting next to each other at the bar in Pomodoro scoffing Pizza!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That was great! Series linked!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kelskii, Ditto Graham on Wednesday in St Anton bar after they had finished filming their Ski race.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Now what we really needed was Graham V Didier Cuche on those old skis! Haven't managed to persuade the red button stuff to work but Ski Sunday wasn't bad at all!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can anyone post a piste map showing which pistes are being used for racing in relation to the rest of the resort?

Enjoyed Ski Sunday now watching Ski Sunday Extra on the red button channel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand wrote:
Can anyone post a piste map showing which pistes are being used for racing in relation to the rest of the resort?

Enjoyed Ski Sunday now watching Ski Sunday Extra on the red button channel.

I would be interested in that as well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:

I think it was posted here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89115&start=440
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom W, Cheers, I missed that for some reason. So if I dig out my piste map from a couple of years ago I should be able to plot it?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha, I was trying to do the same, will go and dig out last year's piste map.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was amazed that there was only 2.33 seconds in the first 42 places if the ladies race!! I think that it isn't a case that the later placed people are any less skillful than those at the top, only that they are just more unlucky.

IME its worth knowing which pistes they use, I had made it down a hugely icy red piste in Flachau last year and was bemoaning it accordingly (though dancing on ice in Les Arcs in a previous year had helped) when I was told that it was actually the ice injected slope that they had run the ladies race on and it had been water injected to make it icy!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wish they would bring back High Altitude - loved the Top Gear format for Ski Sunday and the varied articles around the mountains
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, there's a little difference for those later down the course in that (especially after fresh snow) the course will become more rutted and so harder for the later runners
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Made this video a couple of years ago of my daughter skiing a fair chunk of the course.

http://youtube.com/v/D7GppVUGDBI&list=UUZzIcn5nVdaFMTBQy6eQs6w&index=10
snow report
Snow on the ground, Ski Sunday back on the telly, going skiing in less than three weeks, that has cheered me up no end! Very Happy

davkt, try entering channel 301 rather than pressing the red button. That's what I have to do with BT Vision, you can even record from it through the EPG.
snow conditions
D G Orf, they've all got the female equiv. of balls of steel the lot of them! We're really pleased to see Chemmy up and running again.
ski holidays
That Travis man is amazing.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Snow on the ground, Ski Sunday back on the telly, going skiing in less than three weeks, that has cheered me up no end! Very Happy

davkt, try entering channel 301 rather than pressing the red button. That's what I have to do with BT Vision, you can even record from it through the EPG.

Ha, ha, just looked out the front door and there is a smattering of snow covering the garden and cars. Just wet pavements at the moment tho'. Also, being a poor freeviewer only, I too enter 301 to watch the red button channel. Winter is truly here Very Happy
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, Have you seen a snowboard film called "The Art Of Flight"?
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, yes - we watched it in Morzine last year, we bastardised it for our quiz team name..... rolling eyes I love the back country stuff - i'd love to be more courageous but I fear the avalanche.....
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, haha. i watched it about 10 times, love that film!!!
snow report
queen bodecia wrote:

I've just thought the same, high five!!

(well, except without snow on the ground in Hampshire)

It looks to me like they were (mostly) coming down Black 25 from Gampen, is that right? Ending near the bottom of the Fang chair?
latest report
Missed it, is it repeated? Crying or Very sad

snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Wood741, BBC I player.
ski holidays
Not bad sadly the first British skier to win back to back World cup events ever gets a mere passing mention, BBC need to recognize the success of British freestyle skiing and start covering more of it!!
latest report
and the nordic Skiers. It is admittedly far too short a show to adequately round up all the sport but they (all british snow sports)have been doing much better than for years. Just not at Alpine, and sadly I think overall funding reflects where alpine skiing and coverage is at not winter sport as a whole.
ski holidays
Due to being away for winter seasons for the past 3 years this was my first viewing of Ski Sunday for quite some time. It was OK but not great, for such a relatively short programme the downhill racing took up until almost the half hour point. The Travis Rice bit was some great footage, and I thought the old ski bit could have been really interesting but just wasn't all that well done.

What a grump I am!! Perhaps I just miss the old High Altitude days and getting a proper hour of ski related TV of a Sunday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Piccadilly, Yeah but they turned towards the end and finished in front of the swimming pool.

Great wasn't it??.....I'm hitting there for two weeks next month, can't wait.
snow report
jonNZ, Don't think the BBC will pick up Nordic given how much is on Eurosport
snow report
The Travis piece is on BBC sports http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/20971889

Amazing riding!
latest report
Davkt, Don't really expect them to, but as it was the first of the season some on the news might have been nice. I have eurosport for the precise purpose of watching the nordic events- biathlon and cross country in particular.
ski holidays
Dav wrote:
the downhill racing took up until almost the half hour point.

I know shame wasn't it. Would have bee much better if it had been the whole programme.
snow report
jonNZ wrote:
Davkt, Don't really expect them to, but as it was the first of the season some on the news might have been nice. I have eurosport for the precise purpose of watching the nordic events- biathlon and cross country in particular.

Same here, must find a way of giving biathlon a (very slow!) go!
snow conditions
dazman, you lucky thing!

I seem to recall doing black 25 .. but rather a lot slower!! Laughing
latest report
Scheduled for 4:45pm on BBC2 covering the Wengen DH, unless the snooker coverage runs over.....
snow report
Now pushed back to 5pm....
ski holidays
Bloody Snooker Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Anybody on here work for BBC ? I wish they had someone there with the guts to get all the SH* T off the schedules and give us some decent TV !!! Shameless morons !!! content with soaps ,period drama and gameshows............oh and snooker and darts.
ski holidays
ha ha typical bbc ski sunday going going gone Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy