Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breakfast in Westendorf

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Westendorf on Thursday for the annual Team Outing and we're staying in self catering accommodation.

I'm rather partial to a decent brekky before a day on the slopes and I wondered if anyone knows of anywhere that's open for Breakfast in Westendorf or am I at the mercy of the culinary skills (if any) of my mates?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bakery?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dorfcafe or Liftstübel maybe.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HutToHut, clarky999, Thanks guys - I'll keep my eyes open for both.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmm...depends on your meaning of a decent brekky? Didn't spot anything doing UK stylie when I passed through recently,though the cafe at the gondola station looked pretty reasonable. And the girl running the little drinks bar outside was pretty clued up,and pointed me in the right direction for a couple of things I was looking for...so worth asking. Also,the local SPAR,just down from the gondola,is well stocked if you are forced down the DIY route.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, well I wasn't expecting the full Ian Beal Full English but something cooked involving eggs and possibly some pig would be nice...

Thanks for the advice - I guess the gondola caff and the Liftstubel HutToHut mentions are one and the same place
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, yeah think they're the same. You could also eat earlier, there was a pizza place over the road from the Village Pub open till 1am Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, I haven't tried it, but this place http://www.cafe-elisabeth.at/index.php/en/our-cafe seems to offer Speck mit Ei.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alan G, That looks most encouraging Very Happy Very close to Sport 2000 by the looks of it too.

The whole thing may be rendered moot by the fact that this weeks weather apocalypse will close Innsbruck airport until next Monday. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, unlikely, depending who you are flying with. Several times with Lufthansa/Tirolean I've taken off/landed during a snowstorm. They do a good job of keeping it going.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plus we're a wee bit west of where the main snow will hit (hopefully still 30/40cms though).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999, OrangeAir rolling eyes

T'other half of the party are Luftwaffe into Munchen so they should be OK Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Cafe Elizabeth, or head up early and get something up the mountain after a few runs. Top of the Alpenrosenbahn is Ok, don't know when they start but always seem to be open. I am in Munich for work and the snow is fresh and cold even down here and more all the time. Zillertal was great last weekend so enjoy!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
many good breakfasts were had - best one at the Choralpe top station.

What a cracking little place Westendorf is - pretty village, great skiing, good bars and some lovely restaurants. Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, Glad you enjoyed it. We are off to Westendorf next Saturday staying in a B&B. Can you recommend any restaurants?

Also, did you ski over to Kitzbuhel? What were the links like?
snow conditions
SCollier1, We did go over to Kitzbuhel - amazing to see the Hannenkahm (sp) course being prepared. The link was brilliant for us - follow the signs from Westendorf to Gampenkogel and then ski down under the Ki-West gondola then get the 'Pengelstein' bus which takes you down to that gondola at Skirast and up you go. Reverse the trip later this time the bus from the Pengelstein will say 'Ki-West' on the front. For us, both buses were there and waiting and empty and it was like a private transfer. Great day out. Mate left his helmet on the bus so if you find it please let me know wink

It's only 16€ (£16) for the Kitzbuheler Alpen pass (for 4 days that is)

As for restaurants we ate twice at the Fein Sinn (aka Sinn Fein), good pizza and I had some nice lamb and it's a really nice place for a group with some great tables for 6-8. Also the steakhouse which - despite plastic menus - was brilliant with huge portions and lovely wines, and then we had a blow out in the Hotel Post where I had delicious Chateaubriand and the service was wonderful - I think it's the owner / his wife and she's foxy and funny and a real pro (in restaurant terms I mean). We had a nice brekky in the Choralpe at the top of that gondola - looked a lovely place for lunch too.

Lots of good bars too - Campbells was my fave but also liked the village inn (aka Village Idiot) and Kibo, the latter very Dutch. Only one crap place which was opposite Campbells I think where you got the feeling English weren't welcome. The whole resort is very Dutch, but I'm of Dutch descent so I always rather like them. Really lovely pretty resort and just quality in every way - loved it. one of my all time faves
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy