Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for a new resort, have fallen out of love :(

Poster: A snowHead
Have been skiing in Austria for years now and have loved the ski welt especially scheffau. Sadly have fallen out of love following a recent trip that has left me disappointed. Travelled with crystal as still need childcare, no problems there. Hotel lovely but ski school a disaster!! Disorganised, disjointed and very uncharacteristically rude. Then had my skis stolen from the hotel locker on the final night. Just left me with a bad taste!
Bottom line is I'd love some recommendations for a new area to fall in love with. Should be quiet, family orientated, good ski school, have enough to keep experienced skiers busy and somewhat challenged and reasonably priced, preferably not france as I've never really liked it there although I only ever skied in the large very very crowded areas! Not sure if such a place exists but would appreciate suggestions. Might also consider self construct but my youngest is just 2 so childcare still essential. Thanks everyone
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Llzz, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
Sorry about your recent bad experience Sad I wouldn't write off the whole of Austria as a result of that though, have you tried the Ski Amade region south of Salzburg for example? If you do fancy a change of country I think many other Snowheads like the Italian Dolomites (with good reason - often pretty villages (much of the Dolomites lie within the Sud-Tirol region, so still a strong Austrian influence), wide range of ski slopes to appeal to different abilities, fantastic scenery and good mountain restaurants). I can't speak personally to the ski schools, but I'm sure other SHs can.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, would really consider anywhere and have many many excellent experiences in ski welt area but think perhaps a change is needed. By the way travelling from Northern Ireland so options are a little more restricted. Thanks again to anyone who offers suggestions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Llzz, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Your experience must have been upsetting but is pretty rare. It makes no more sense to write off Austria on the basis of that than to write off France because you've only been to one of the big ski factories which constitute a tiny minority of French resorts. I have French friends who wouldn't go near any of them - not least because there are far too many Brits. Laughing

As childcare is important to you, you might find that the smaller French and Italian resorts are not so convenient (they tend to use grandparents - when I stayed in an Italian hotel near Cortina there were 3-generation Italian families at nearly all the other tables). People here on Snowheads have spoken very warmly of Puy St Vincent with Snowbiss

http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Llzz, was this last week? Whilst on our return to the airport the rep had a call from a lady who had her skis stolen? It was our first trip to skiwelt we enjoyed it and will return, but my true love still lies with ski Amade, it's all linked now with brand new gondolas and chair lifts, been 4 times now and never disappointed, my daughter had skis stolen from a locked boot room in France, they cleared out the whole lot, and my sons sks taken fron outside the lift office in Vaujany! poor ski school and stolen skis is very unfortunate and afaik, still rare, don't be out off of Austria Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always lock my skis; do you leave your bike unlocked at home in a public place ? I`ll even lock skis in a locker if it is easily accessed. I can`t afford to lose them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Please don't let me put anyone off ski welt, in truth we have had some excellent times there and have never had any bad experiences at all until now, I suspect these were due to the season and how busy it was. In conversation with friends I have referred to the problems as 'irritations' as that's what they were really. Anyway change is due and i fancy trying somewhere completely different, have been to meribel, val d isere, ski welt, Banff, panorama (fabulous but expensive for the whole family), livigno, kaprun, zermatt, saas fee, and a few other Austrian and Italian resorts that I can't remember. Almost always with crystal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Italian Dolomites are beautiful snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My brother really rates Esprit. They're mainly in France but they are in St Anton which is an AMAZING resort. Yes it's known for apres but that's easily avoided if it's not your thing.

http://www.espritski.com/resorts/

I rate all of the French resorts they go to, possibly with the exception of La Rosiere. But it was so long ago that I went there, it may have completely changed. I just found it rather soulless and absolutely FREEZING, lots of cold lifts. Oh, and I've never been to Les Gets, but it has great reviews on here and my brother loves it there.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might look at Italy again, often means a Sunday flight which isn't ideal but could give it a go. Considered espirit a few times but means 2 flights as no departures from Ireland which is a shame as I've heard they cater really well for children. As for locking skis, I'll be doing that from now on, have been skiing on an off for 25 years and never ever had a problem, just unlucky this year I guess. When we skied in Canada we were advised in sunshine to lock our skis, they had specially designed racks that locked with a specific bigger than matchbox sized lock, I've never seen those in Europe nor have I noticed others locking their skis, any suggestions how best to do it?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, Esprit invariably get very positive reviews here on SHs. They are quite expensive though - Snowbizz seem to be usefully cheaper.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Llzz, have a look at kappl. Great family resort just down the road from ischgl. Great après ski too which had everyone from 2 year olds to 82 year olds dancing. Great wee place and great value.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Llzz, as feefee recommends.... the Dolomites, Inghams fly from Belfast into Innsbruck which will opens up much of Austria and the Dolomites.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also recommend the italian Dolomites.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Selva or the Zillertal.
ski holidays
Llzz, if you need childcare look at Ski Famille (www.skifamille.co.uk) we have used them for the last 5 years since our daughter was 2.
Thoroughly recommend them, they only go to child friendly areas, with good ski schools.
We have just come back from reberty in the 3 valleys with them.
snow report
Take yourself off to somewhere like Morgins or Torgon - the swiss side of the PDS is way quieter than the french resorts, and has something for absolutely everyone.
snow report
Llzz wrote:
When we skied in Canada we were advised in sunshine to lock our skis, they had specially designed racks that locked with a specific bigger than matchbox sized lock, I've never seen those in Europe nor have I noticed others locking their skis, any suggestions how best to do it?
Those lockable racks are a Canadian speciality - never seen them in Europe. But something like this is what we use (didn't pay as much as that though!) - it's a thin enough cable to slip through bindings, and you can link several pairs. Trying to walk off with several pairs of skis locked together is a bit obvious - and there are usually easier targets available for less effort, so we've never had any issues.
snow report
Okanagan, the link isn't working for me at work, but I guess it's like something I've used before - a thin wire with a lock. I ususally ski in a group, so if we can't fit all the skis in together, we just lock up one of each ski, as not many people will steal a single ski. As an extra precaution, we then keep the single skis some distance away from the locked ones
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy