Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer holidays in Northern French Alps - Samoens, Chatel, La Clusaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking about driving to the Northern French Alps for a week or two in the summer. The following resorts are on our shortlist:

Chatel
Samoens
La Clusaz
Le Grand Bornand
Saint Gervais (although have already stayed there in summer so want to try at least one week somewhere new).

Would be grateful for feedback on the top four in summer (we have been to La Clusaz before but only in winter and can't remember it that well). We have children and all the family like swimming. We might do some cycling so the availability of cycle trails that aren't too steep would be a bonus. Somewhere with lakes and trees - nice scenery.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowymum, I have friends who go to Samoens in the summer. I understand there is a nice municipal outdoor pool, there is also a lake there and one of those tree high wire adventure parks suitable for all ages. Village is lovely though I have only been in winter. I should imagine it's a very nice place indeed in the summer, in fact my friend said she would stuggle to choose whether she liked it best in summer or winter! Chatel also has a tree adventure thing I think and also has a summer toboggan. I thought we might go there last year but we didn't. Oh and there are some smart new apartments in Chatel now I think offered by Peak Retreats.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum, I think I'd go for La Clusaz, of that lot (though all would be good). Lots of nice places within easy reach - there's a very pretty swimming lake at Flumet, for example, which is an interesting drive down from the col. Flumet is an interesting, quite old, town in itself for a potter around. The resort will almost certainly organise free navettes to make mountain biking more manageable for people who are not Olympic athletes (if they don't, go somewhere which does). I remember one summer picnic near La Clusaz, sitting on a rock with at least 25 different species of flower within reaching distance - incredible. That was June though - in the school hols the best of the flowers are higher up.

Have a look at miranda's place at La Giettaz (near LC). It comes highly recommended by a number of SHs. http://www.chalet-la-giettaz.com/Summer/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy