Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

site to buy SH boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Son moved to the dark side Sad so have little idea where to look.

A part from ebay are there any good sites out there where you can find good SH boards to buy

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ntfarmer, Obviously he saw the light . . . but SH snowboard Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, SH stands for second hand.

He still growing so dont want to spend out on new.

We could carry renting but am looking at all options ie buy Sh board that last 2years then sell on against renting.

ps what is reverse angle tec. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ntfarmer, I think you might be referring to negative camber. A board or ski camber is the rise in the middle when it's put down on a flat surface, the two ends are on the deck and the middle rises off it in a nice curve. Negative or reverse camber is the opposite where the ski/board is essentially flat or sits in the middle first and rocks from side to side.

While we're at it; 'Rocker' just means an extended or exaggerated rise in the tip and /or tail of the tool. This sometimes means the effective metal edge of the ski board that meets the snow is much shorter than an equivalent non-rockered tool.

SH can be here if you put a wanted etc. post here and in Buy/Sell and obviously fleaBay. Another route is new but last season at a retailer. I paid virtually nothing for a two year old 'new' Rome board. Perfect for me and a top end board and not a cheap Chinese factory clone.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 12-01-13 14:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ntfarmer, my son bought an ex-hire board from a shop in Brighton - said it was a decent price, but he did know what he was looking for. How old/big is he? I have a family member who might have a kids board for sale. Probably knowledgeable SHs could give you an idea of what is worth buying on ebay.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, Thanks for that. At his level spending most of his time away from parks we may be better with the standard board.

pam w, Hi he is 153cm in bare feet and 14 years old. i have been told that he needs between a 140 -145cm board. would be looking more for one at 145cm so it should last this and next year.

cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ntfarmer, ah, too big for the board I have in mind then, which a 9 year old has just grown out of.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ntfarmer, Get the to snowtrax at Matchams speak to Dan Smith he has boards for £85

Looky here http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/clearance/equipment-protection/snowboards
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, Have to add bindings and dont have in right size Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ntfarmer, Give them a ring or pop down they serve a decent pint and some rather nice food as well, I doubt they have all their stock on line! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, have you heard about the Raven boards (lots of chatter on an other site snowboards uk).

boredsurfin, will give Dan a ring and see what he has
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy