Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air France ski baggage procedure

Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked up some flights with Air France for the first time, and was trying to find out exactly what the procedure is when taking ski luggage with them.

Their website is a little confusing. It seems to be saying you can take skis/snowboard as your luggage allowance (up to 23kg) for no additional cost, but you need to phone their sales team to confirm this.

The website points to a page that doesn't have an obvious "sales team" phone number.

Has anyone been through this process and know what to do?

I assume just rocking up at the airport and expecting everything to be OK is madness.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't fly air France.

My boyfriend has had 100% of his flights with them cancelled or severely delayed (out of 4) and all he managed to get out of them was a voucher for use with them (great!) with a 12 month expiry date....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a bit late for that, tickets booked rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kat.ryb wrote:
Don't fly air France.

My boyfriend has had 100% of his flights with them cancelled or severely delayed (out of 4) and all he managed to get out of them was a voucher for use with them (great!) with a 12 month expiry date....

Cancelled or delayed more than 3 hours and he should have been pursuing them for statutory compensation under EU261/2004, it's very straightforward.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I asked the question to @AirFranceUK twitter account yesterday evening. Will report back if they do.

https://twitter.com/HittingKickers/status/289480513788465153
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am going through this exact process myself, flying from Toulouse to Lyon for a trip to La Grave (not much choice other than AF), purchased an extra bag during the booking procedure, but my S3's fall outside of the acceptable size limit- (150 cm in length I think), my S3's are 186's (with Marker F12's if you are interested) I contacted their team via the website and received a reply saying:

Thank you for contacting Air France .
The transportation of sporting equipment in the hold needs to be requested by telephone prior to departure (ideally at least two working days before your flight).
Depending on the flight operator, hold space being available and the information you provide, the golf bags may be confirmed. All requests are subject to confirmation
You will need to provide the following information to make your request:

* Your reservation details
* Type of equipment
* 3 dimensions ( length, width, height, in centimeters) and the weight in kilos of the equipment.
Please contact our support team on: UK - 0871 663 37 77 (opening hours from Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm, Saturday and Sunday 9.00am - 5.30pm)

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Adam123, Sorry, can't answer your question, but if it makes you feel better, I have flown over 200 times with them in the last 5 years, and never had a flight cancelled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
airbornebadger, thanks for that, will give it a try
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adam123, just a heads up as I just phoned them up.

You are allowed one item of baggage up to 23kg free, two if you have enough miles or are premium economy and above. Ski bag and ski boot bag counts as one item. It was pretty straight forward on the phone, they seem to just want to have a heads up that you'll be coming with skis.

The dimension bit seems a bit odd to be honest, so I just gave them estimates.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes, just spoke with them too.

Strangely they wanted me to phone them back next week to confirm that the luggage request had gone through. Don't really understand why that should be necessary. Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Air France came back to my tweet 19 hours after I first posted it

https://twitter.com/AirFranceUK/status/289770488077627392

Snowheads brought the same answer - with a little more useful info - in just over 1 hour

Snowheads 1, Air France 0.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Adam123, I got the same response regarding calling them back!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
airbornebadger wrote:
I am going through this exact process myself, flying from Toulouse to Lyon for a trip to La Grave (not much choice other than AF),

Do you not have access to a car - can't imagine it's that hard a drive
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, I have several cars, but I would rather fly and then meet my mate at the airport, as this means I can get on the lash on the plane rather than spend 8 hours or so driving.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Adam123, I finally managed to get through on the phone, I got told it would not be a problem, I asked them to email this to me, which I have subsequently printed out and will take to the airport to hopefully ensure a smooth embarkation, below is the email:

Thank you for contacting Air France / Delta Air Lines.

We would like to advise you that as per our luggage policy, ski equipments are considered as 1
piece of luggage, regardless of it's dimensions as long as the weight does not exceed 23kg.

Best regards.
Air France.
snow conditions
Wonder why they ask for the dimension size then!
snow report
Timmaah wrote:
Wonder why they ask for the dimension size then!

Probably for planning purposes.
snow report
Jesus Air France/KLM are incompetent. Been 9 days since request, numerous phone calls and they just tell me to keep calling back.

airbornebadger, has your request been confirmed or is it still pending?
snow report
Timmaah, probably find that some planes have limited capacity for outsize bags, I know this is the case with other airlines.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy