Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Met Office sticking to the cold/dry long range forecast

brian
brian
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1838555,00.html

Interesting bit amid the 1963 hype rolling eyes about their new network of buoys in the Atlantic measuring sea temps at depths down to 3000'.

Anyway, since this is the first winter I've splashed out on 2 flight bookings to the Alps, it stands to reason that Scotland will have an epic. See you all at Glenshee wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The interesting new bit of information is that the data coincides with similar data on ocenan temperatures reported before other severe winters.

Cold dry continental weather is no good for Scotland unless its preceded by a big blizzard. I'd certainly settle however for another 1995/1996 winter in the UK.

Got my winter tyres, spade and skis all set to go. I'm ready snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Peter S, cold dry continental weather can be ok if the wind turns sufficiently E'ly or NE'ly, at least for the NE centres. Think Feb/March 2001 wink
snow conditions
 brian
brian
More ramping in Saturday's Independent:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article321425.ece

"Forecasters say they are 67 per cent confident that this winter will be among the coldest on record, and are urgently working on models predicting exactly how cold it will be and for how long Britain will freeze." rolling eyes

Amazingly, it took 3 ill informed numpties to cobble this together. Jonathan Brown, Jeremy Laurance and Barrie Clement want lined up against a wall and shot.

The Met O is only 67% confident the sign of the NAO (a phenomenon which is present each and every year btw) will be negative. Even if they get this right it doesn't necessarily mean cold weather, let alone one of the harshest on record.

Jesus wept.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
many of us are aware "in our heads" that long range weather forecasting is still in its infancy and that any scientific report with percentages is likely to be misunderstood and misrepresented in the papers. But the people who produce this popular reading know that so many people, and not just skiers, are desperate, against all logic, to know what the weather will be in four months time, that it sells newspapers..... especially if stirred into a heady brew of high fuel prices and global pandemics. Even six day recasts are unreliable, might as well stare at the entrails of dead parrots. But we just can't stop ourselves...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S, if the snows good this Winter we might com over to Yad Moss, the new 4x4 will be better for the roads.
I have noticed each morning, when I leave for work, that the outside temperature had been dropping by 1 degree each day. It was 14 last Sunday morning (around 10am), and only 7 yesterday (at 11am)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, Have you noticed over a week you are now leaving an hour later! wink Toofy Grin

Quote:

have noticed each morning, when I leave for work, that the outside temperature had been dropping by 1 degree each day. It was 14 last Sunday morning (around 10am), and only 7 yesterday (at 11am)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy