Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked.... at last ! Hameau Du Borsat in Tignes, any opinions ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

After weeks of trying to decide we have booked to go the Hameau Du Borsat in Tignes after getting a pretty good offer that was to good to say no to.

2 adults and 1 4 year old boy going.

Has anyone stayed here and got an opinion on it please ? we take a harddrive with entertainment on it for the lad that plugs into a tv... please tell me the rooms have tv's !

Thank guys Smile

Leigh.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that in Le Lac or Val Claret?
Cant speak for that hotel, but both nice towns.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fairly bog standard SC accommodation. Not quite ski-in/out, but a bit of combat skiing gets you close. Reasonably flat walk into the centre of VC.

Staff were incredibly unhelpful 4 years back, ridiculous 8am apartment inspection by a surly Frenchman on checkout, then nowhere to store luggage - could have got a cheeky half day otherwise.

Like you, at least we got it on offer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a TV, but you have to rent the remote.

We went there in March '12 and thought this place was rubbish and ended up getting £75 each back from Crystal...dirty, poor maintenance, cramped. Check out the Tripadvisor reviews!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g196714-d289414-Reviews-Domaines_du_Soleil_Residence_Le_Hameau_du_Borsat-Tignes_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g196714-d1177594-Reviews-Odalys_Residence_le_hameau_du_Borsat-Tignes_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html#REVIEWS

And that's part of the reason why we will never go with Crystal ever again.

Still, it wasn;t all bad, but at least it was easy to get onto the slopes... Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
leeboy, oh dear. Sad Once you've booked, it's probably better not to ask.....but if it's cheap enough, why worry? Your holiday is what you make of it. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys,

I know its going to be nothing special but being clean should be standard, if this isnt the case ill be on to the Neilson rep for an ear bashing.

I guess the room is a base and nothing else really, for the money we paid i knew it wasnt going to be the ritz but a tad worried now !

Ill get in touch with Neilson for there view on this.

cheers

Leeboy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MrSteve, if they still do the trick with the remote do you remember what make it was? Even if not leeboy, if you have a universal remote kicking around at home why not take it and the code book with you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats a good shout Nickyj sure i have one of those
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed there with Bogus Junior three years ago. We had a "sleeps 6" apartment for the two of us following a couple of drop-outs from the trip. The place was clean and reasonably well equipped. We were comfortable enough but if you really had taken six they would have had to be very close friends. In all honesty though that's standard for apartments in French ski resorts.

The location is very good indeed and asDidierCouch, says you can ski back to about 10 metres from the door. We didn't have any problems of the sort he describes but I don't doubt his tale.

I don't think that the apartments are all under the same ownership. Standards of maintenance, equipment and cleaning may depend on who owns the unit you are actually occupying.

Overall though if you go with realistic expectations you probably won't be disappointed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think all you will get out of the TV is French Digital - and their are no English channels. Tignes Cable that used to supply some non French channels have packed up since the arrival of Digital in the Valley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wow, given on trip advisor Chalet Melezes is 4th and your place is 31st, it must be quite basic. Skiing will be great.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blahblahblah,

nothing wrong with the melezes! If you know what you are booking, for price you cant do any better. although tigneschaletcompany is pretty good too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is the accommodation on our uni ski trip at the end of the month and they are always pretty basic but serve a purpose! And there will be 6 of us in a 6 bed so nice and cosy!

The TV's are never usually new enough to take a USB hard drive even if you can take a remote.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dorsetboy, No its fine if a bit basic, and I have recommended it previously to anyone who is price sensitive, but, it was the most basic place I have ever stayed in, a bit frayed and worn out. I was just trying to imagine somewhere 27 places down on the trip advisor list.

My opinions are also tarnished by the drunken pissheads who did the very best they could to ruin everyone else's trip. Pissing off the balcony and fighting at 2 in the morning.

I still think it is good value.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blahblahblah,

Ah. that'll take the shine off anywhere. I think the thing with the tripadvisor ratings is that people have judged it not on what it delivers, but what it delivered for the price they paid. Probably all in all means that somewhere really nice but rather pricey gets relegated to mid table.
latest report
Quote:
8am apartment inspection by a surly Frenchman on checkout, then nowhere to store luggage
Puzzled The tourist offices in Val Claret and Tignes le Lac both offer luggage storage facilities. We used the Val Claret one a couple of seasons ago. IIRC, you do have to pay but the cost is very reasonable.

Should it be required, (from Hameau DB) the Val C tourist office is at the far end of the main (upper level of the resort) shopping street, on the left, after the end of the shops - ie a few mins after passing the Mexican restaurant and the Sherpa supermarket. It'll be about 10 mins walk from Hameau du Borsat - but worth it (even with luggage) for an extra half day or day on the slopes.

As well as excellent access to the slopes (virtually ski in/ski out), Hameau du Borsat has a nice bakery opposite, which opens very early for bread and croissants. I think that there's also an adjacent pizza place - possibly a takeaway Puzzled

One further hint: You can buy your lift tickets at the Grande Motte lift station - which is very close to Hameau DB. I think it's open late on weekends but best to check. Failing that, you can ski down to it on your first morning in about 15 seconds.
snow report
I got in touch with Neilson about some of the comments ive read.

I told them that although im not expecting the ritz i am expecting the room to be clean with all thats needed to supply my family with meals...cooking equipment ect.

His repsonse was simple really "and why shouldnt you" i told him about some reviews i have read on the Borsat he said he would pass this on to the resort staff and insisted if we have any issues regarding cleanliness we are to report it asap to Neilsons reps.

Ill take a Av harddrive we have for the little un while on down time to watch some toons.

If its clean and the little man is happy thats all i can ask for.

Thanks all

Leigh.
snow report
I guess you need to go there with low expectations, and hopefully it won't be too bad. The main thing is the skiing, and you can be sure that will be fantastic.

I've stayed in the Moris in Val which has terrible reviews, and I didn't think it was that bad at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy