Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

good backcountry backpack that I can strap a snowboard to

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gday fellow powder hounds,

I need to get a backpack for some backcountry snowboarding adventures. It should obviously be able to store the transciever/shovel/probe safely with a little bit of space for extras - but most importantly I need good straps to hold a snowboard across the front of it, with extra straps on the sides for poles. I guess it needs a flat profile for a good fit of the board. I don't want to pay the earth but will splash out on a quality product.

Any suggestions?
Thanks as always!
Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
soxford,
Quote:

It should obviously be able to store the transciever

I will let other suggest the right back pack for you, but please tell us that you will be wearing your transceiver not putting it inside the pack Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ha ha....its too early in the morning for posting. Of course the transceiver will be in the chalet cos the batteries ran out!
Thanks for pointing it out though - one of the reasons I like the Snowhead forums so much!
Cheers
steve
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got a Haglofs Mountain Surf
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haglofs-Mountain-Surf-Snowboard-Pack/dp/B0031RD7Y0?tag=amz07b-21

Has a fleece lined goggle pocket on the top, plenty of straps on the front for your board and the side for poles.
Front pocket for shovel and probe, with sleeves for the probe and shovel handle.
Main pocket is accessed from the back-panel so you don't have to take your board off to get in.

It's also compatible with drinks bladders, and has a couple of decent sized pockets on the hip-belt, which are easily accessible while wearing it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, Nice bag . . . god I'm sad getting excited by a backpack Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque wrote:
feef, Nice bag . . . god I'm sad getting excited by a backpack Sad

yeah... shame it's no longer a current model.

The other one I was looking at (before the Haglofs one appeared on Sport Pursuit) was the Osprey Kode22 or Kode33. I'm just not sure how it is for a snow-board as I was looking at both for skis
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, I checked the Haglofs site - looks like they don't do these type of packs now.
Cheers
steve
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dakine heli or heli pro depending on how much stuff you want to carry! Bladder comparable, good carry straps, room for all the bits etc - works for me and lasts well - I've had mine for years!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're looking at doing a lot of off-piste, might it be worth considering one of the airbag rucksacks? Not cheap, but most of them meet your requirements in terms of carrying capacity, as well as giving you the bag itself.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm hoping to move to Canada this year - may get the airbag then. Otherwise its a bit out of my limit for only occasional backcountry riding!

Anyone have experience of the Ortovox packs?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have ortovox with the back protector and also a deuter with the integrated back protector both which seem to do the job and can cary skis or board externally
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arva do a great range of packs , with very easy to use carrying systems Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy