Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pomporovo bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
good morning guys a quick early one for you before i soon get off to work. been thinking of a trip to pomporova after a friend had a really good time there with his wife.i usually ski in the morzine avoriaz area. due to other expences i have been playing with the idea of bulgaria.. i am a good intermediate skier and can get down nearly anything within reason and ski quite fast...obviously bulgaria is nothing like the pds but i dont want to go anywhere thats poor either i might aswell go to a snowdome for that lol...but its the prices that appeal to me....can you please express your thoughts experiences ect...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very small, mainly easy short slopes. If you were a total beginner on a budget with nothing to compare it to then I'd say go for it.
Beer cheap and good, some decent local red wines.
Soups/stews very tasty but tend to be served warm not hot. Mainly bad junk food otherwise.
I think in your position I'd book a week off work, pack my case ready and jump on a friday afternoon bargain to travel next day. Some real bargains for this weekend from a lot of the TOs. Even Groupon is worth watching.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waiter_fisherman, in my opinion, does as lilywhite, says. We went to pamp in 2008. It was only our 3rd ski trip with 1 of the others being borovets in bulgaria. As mentioned in a Bulgaria post, there is no way we would go back after being to larger resorts. We stayed at the orlovetz hotel. It was actually a gorgeous hotel with a fantastic room and food but that was the best thing of the resort. Ski runs is v small. I think there are abiut 9 runs in total. You would prob do them all in 2 days and be bored by day 3. Runs are nothing special. Thin and icy. You have to get a 10 min bus from resort down to the runs. Buses arent too bad (every 30mins...ish) but there is only 1 or 2 buses so they get crammed and if u miss it, you have to wait 30mins. You cant walk to runs and there is only 1 rental place where u rent and get skis in the morning...major queues to get skis and return at end of day. Resort is dead. No decent ski shops. Typical cheap shops selling fake north face hoodies. The ice rink was melted when we went (end of January). No night life. Skidoo excursion was crap. Went really slow up a hill and ba k tohotel. I know its been 5yrs and I hope its got better, but no way I would return. (Im not a snob....far from it, but Bulgaria is ugly and cheap-cheap! It may be cheap(er) to get there but snow conditions can be poor (1 day on our trip it poured with rain and they closed every lift....the whole resort was stuck in the 1 decent bar) if there is no snow, it becomes an expesive trip. If you want a cheaper resort, try italy. Fine food, hotelz and good value holidsys and mountain prices. Either that or get v v lste deal for frsnce/Austria. Dont go Bulgaria. ?..please.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posted this before, but this sums up Bulgaria (video is borovets)
http://youtube.com/v/wOIYm5B_Pw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out chamrousse with crystal, the liftpass included you can get a s/c package for around £350 pp last minute.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
some great replys hear guys i am very thankfull for your responses..can you please point me in the right direction on where to find these ski deals at good prices....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Google search crystal last minute ski deals for the one mentioned. I just play around with the words used in the search, chamrousse ski or cheap ski chalets or last minute ski bargain etc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
most tour Ops have good deals. I always found Neilson better value than crsytal/inghams (identical holidays to thomas cook but usually about £20 cheaper...all adds up
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well for some perspective i went in 2006 and it snowed every night for 5 nights and was sunny every day, we stayed in little apartments a short walk from the lifts so no buses for us, the resort is small and if all you care about is saying you skiied 3000km of pistes then it isn't the place to go, if you are more into learning how to ski and improve then the lack of variety or a hundred different pistes wont matter.
The food was good and the people were nice and it was all cheap.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy