Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski schools in St. Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, I tried a search but didn't come up with much. A group of us are off to St. Anton in Feb/March and three of our crowd are looking to book on group lessons. After a bit of research they seem to have only found a couple of ski schools, both of which seems fairly similar (Skischule St. Anton and Skischule Arlberg). Both of the prices are exactly the same, and in both companies the lessons last for 4 hours (which seems quite heavy to me, I worked in Meribel last season all the instruction companies I dealt with offered lessons for 2 - 2.5 hours, 3 hours max).

Does anyone have any other suggestions? There are three of them learning, all have 1 week on skis before so they're still very much learners and just after some decent instruction to get their technique together. I've suggested they pool their money together and get some private lessons in a group of 3 and go from there, but they did group lessons last year and they liked the structure of it and being around other learners than just our group.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Skischule St. Anton and Skischule Arlberg are actually just 2 different brands of the same outfit. They used to be separate but not any more, so it is no surprise that they basically offer the same price.

4 hours is not too much if you factor in a coffee stop, I don't think they make you ski non stop for the whole time, although you'll obviously get more flexibility over time and breaks in a private lesson.

There is also http://www.alpine-faszination.at/, but I think they only do private lessons. Not used them so can't really comment.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are only 2 ski schools in St Anton.

A few years ago it was a monoply now it's a duopoly which basically means no competition.

You'll find that shi hire is also very expensive with very little variation in price because it's a cartel.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to the official St Anton website there are 4 ski schools but I think sah is correct in saying some only provide private lessons.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/skischulen/index.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, thanks all. It looks like as the lessons are four hours, they're going to book up just threee morning's worth and then make a decision from there.

I have to admit, I've probably visited more than 20 European resorts now and have never come across lessons in 4 hour sessions. Usually a max of 3 hours so that there is a morning and afternoon session in one day, 4 hours would seem to preclude that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy