Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

car rental Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to rent a car from Geneva airport to France but don't have a credit card to show when renting the vehicle. Does anyone know a way to get around this issue as no one in my group has a credit card.

Any car rental companies that don't require a credit card?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May be better to post this question in The Piste section.

In the UK Enterprise don't require a CC and debit card will be OK n(with a £200 deposit) - not sure if that is the same in Geneva.

You will find that most, if not all, companies require a CC. Go onto the specific sites and find out - don't rely on TP booking sites. The info is there in the T & Cs or FAQs - I've had to check myself in the past.

TBH if you have enough time it's probably worth getting a CC for this one trip as it will give you greater (or only) choice of hire companies.

I believe as well (but stand to be corrected) that the CC needs to be the person booking and driving (again check the FAQs).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I want to rent a car from Geneva airport to France but don't have a credit card to show when renting the vehicle. Does anyone know a way to get around this issue as no one in my group has a credit card.

I don't know how anyone can survive without one these days!

But side issues in case you've not rented through Geneva before: You can rent from the swiss side or the french side, French side rentals were in my experience much much cheaper. But, French side rentals don't include a swiss motorway vignette so you have to avoid these. Getting from the airport always seemed fairly easy, but getting to Geneva a/p can be a bit tricky avoiding the motorway, you have to head for Ferney Voltaire to return to the French side. viamichellin will show you the route. Basically you have to come off the autoroute at St Julien and enter Geneve through the "Perly gates" Happy (if coming from the chambery/annecy side)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.

I believe as well (but stand to be corrected) that the CC needs to be the person booking and driving (again check the FAQs).

Yes this seems to be correct based on the car rental companies I have come across.

Leaving tomorrow so no time to get a credit card.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy