Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere, March - "Single" Parent Advice and / or looking to share lesson or guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'll post this again nearer the time but thought I'd get in earlier in case anyone else in the same boat.

For the first time I'm leaving Mrs. Reded and the 2 youngest (youngest arriving by C-Section next Thursday!!) at home, and myself and eldest daughter (9) are heading for Val D on the 24th March.

I'm fairly happy that I've got the single parent thing covered as far as kids lessons / skiing together in the afternoon etc as we are going with Ski Esprit, but wanted to know if there were any other people in resort that week who may want to share a guide or lesson for a couple of mornings. I've skied about 8 weeks in total and pretty happy on most on-piste and starting to venture into the off-piste world. Had a really good couple of sessions of pff piste introduction with TDC last year in Tignes so looking at something similar this year.

If anyone has any pointers to bare in mind going skiing as a singleton please let me know - hopefully the other guests in the chalet hotel are nice and friendly!!

PS - also does anyone know of companies doing Husky Sledding in Val D'Isere? We had a go in Lapland the other year and daughter would like to try again.

PPS - Anyone know what days Esprit / Ski Total provide Ski Hosting? Is it Mon, Tues and Thurs as last year?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
reded78 ..... as far as dog sledding - i always direct people towards Evolution 2 as they are the experts that arrange it all on that front!

As far as lessons are concerned. As you read elsewhere I teach for TDC here in Val d'Isere..... I have just been looking at our planner for that week - I personally am already fully booked each morning that week and there are VERY few openings in the mornings that week at all already at this stage. So if you definitely want mornings then whomever you choose to go with then you had better make a booking as soon as possible!

Can't help re when ski hosting is on I am afraid!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Steve much appreciated.

Just sent off an enquiry to TDC through the website so should hopefully be able to get something sorted. I was only looking to fill in the mornings between Esprit hosting anyway so not a biggie if they are full.

My daughter will be attempting her 3rd week skiing - from what I've read elsewhere I presume the home runs back into Town should be avoided?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy