Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons for kids outside of usual week long groups

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year we are unable to get away for the usual family week in the snow Sad but we are considering a long weekend jaunt in March.

Criteria for resort will be within striking distance of GVA approx 1-1.5 hours where we can get some sort of tuition for the kids who obviously won't be part of the usual 5/6 day ski school.

Does anyone have any tips on tuition for them for say a Friday, Saturday, Sunday for half days? They are at quite different levels so a private lesson for the two of them isn't really an option.

9 year old boy, 5 weeks on snow, no fear, good parallel turns.

6 year old girl, 2 weeks on snow, ok in lesson environment but reluctant to move from pizza to chips when out of her comfort zone (the Indians run in Les Gets!).

We may be able to blag a mate's apartment in Les Houches which would obviously help from an accommodation point of view if we could sort the tuition there but more conventional accommodation elsewhere is OK if that offers better lesson options.

Before you start feeling too sorry for me, I am leaving them all behind on 19th Jan to get my personal snow fix, even if they can't make it! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't see any alternative to private instruction there - courses/instructor days off/everything else is wrapped around weekly holidays and Saturday changeovers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of Austrian resorts do park week lessons. We had 3 day group lessons in zell am see years ago, but I think we started them on a Sunday, so basically we we started with the full week group but finished half way through. Not quite what you asked but worth a mention.
We went to Austria at the time as all the French enquiries then for lessons and also accomadation for less than a week where met with the gallic shrug. Though I beleive they are a bit more flexible on the accomadation front now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy