Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Terra Nova - Plagne Centre

Poster: A snowHead
A quick query.
Do the bedrooms have a hairdryer?
Also any info on the sauna would be helpful.
Off to this hotel on Sat with Mrs B. Really looking forward to it.
Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Do the bedrooms have a hairdryer?

It's called a window.

Quote:
Also any info on the sauna would be helpful.

It's very warm apparently.

Skullie
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Stayed in the Terra Nova a few years ago. It didn't have a sauna and I'm pretty sure there were no hairdryers.

On the plus side, it was warm, clean and the food was great. Based on the piste, you ski to and from the ski room.

We had a great time and would go back.

Jools
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Googled for and hour or so and eventually found that :- Yes they do have hairdryers but Mrs B taking one anyway as "it may be rubbish" GRRR.
There is a sauna and its compulsory to be in there with naked chicks from Scandanavia. Very Happy Very Happy So I wont be going there. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, Will be interested to hear how you get on - we're heading there in March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, I,m interested to hear how you get on were staying there 1st week of Feb for the first time, reviews seem good from previous years Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They did a few years ago, the wall mounted type with a nozzle on the end of a pipe. Great for drying the boots with.

Does she take the GHD's as well like my OH.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More importantly fantastic location, true ski in, ski out. There is a short chairlift you ski down to, which only purpose is so residents can gain height to ski to the other lifts.

Good food, warm and clean, if not a little dated. One of the few hotels I would return to in France.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel wrote:
More importantly fantastic location, true ski in, ski out. There is a short chairlift you ski down to, which only purpose is so residents can gain height to ski to the other lifts.

or for kids practising on the nursery slope
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep that as well, but I'm sure the primary reason is just to gain height for residents of the Terra Nova
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, Nope, the lift was there before the hotel.
In any case the best route out is to push across to the Bergerie lift, if you get there before the ski schools there is only a small queue.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, really !! Then it's a bloody old lift, that's not meant to sound fasecious btw, it was very slow come to think of it.

Still a good location all the same I am sure you will agree. About 20 mins to VE if memory serves me right. It was a few years ago.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kel wrote:
Boredsurfing, really !! Then it's a bloody old lift, that's not meant to sound fasecious btw, it was very slow come to think of it.

Still a good location all the same I am sure you will agree. About 20 mins to VE if memory serves me right. It was a few years ago.

Yep, around the same age as the majority of lifts in La Plagne.
The current Boulevard lift dates from 1998, replacing the old 2 seat Boulevard lift dating from 1966. http://perso-laplagne.fr/Remontees2.htm#Boulevard
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I emailed the hotel, 2 days running with requests for info. Both times they responded very quickly.
Things I found out:-
You book the sauna, so not sure whether it's private or full of those Scandanavians. Laughing
They provide towels both in the rooms and for the sauna (at reception).

I will give a full report on the hotel when we return.

I know that the skiing is going to be fantastic so wont bother with that. NehNeh
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great location but watch the piste that goes under the hotel - great area for warming up but you get plenty of speed freaks whizzing through that come out of nowhere as they head to the Melezes (??) lift.

Anyway, God knows what that's got to do with hairdryers. I digress.... Smile
latest report
Been on that route to Melezes loads so know what you mean. Easy up to the top then down to Bellecote though. Laughing
latest report
The Melezes lift was removed at least 2 seasons ago Toofy Grin
it's been replaced by the Bergerie lift.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
The Melezes lift was removed at least 2 seasons ago Toofy Grin
it's been replaced by the Bergerie lift.

Guilty of owning a six-year old piste map Laughing
ski holidays
Specialman, Yep wink But the queues haven't changed Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, The Melezes lift still comes up from 1800 to the bottom of Le Bergerie does it not? I saw it there working last year. Puzzled
snow conditions
jirac18, Yes but thats not the same Melezes that was where the Bergerie is now.
Well yes its the old Meleze mechanicals refurbished and put in a new position, I gues they couldn't be bothered to paint a new name on the gates Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just a brief update about the hotel. It's really great. We enjoyed every minute.
To be specific:
The food was very good. loads of choices includind things like Duck, Tartiflette, Raclette, Steak n chips one night (get a well done one as they are "blue")
The one thing we didnt have was Chicken, which surprised me.
Starters was Savoyarde meats and salads or a different soup each day. Desserts were Chocolate or fruits tartes (or both) also Ice cream, cheese n biscuits.

If you are a burger n chips merchant then you could be struggling but I thought the food was great.

A pint of Stella is 5.5 eur
Bottles of wine from 18 eur upwards, but 50cl of house wine was 8 eur.
Vin Chaud is 3.50 eur, so is coffee.
Cognac (Courvoisier)? is about 7 eur a shot.

We had 150 eur credit each, given by the hotel as we had booked early. Lots of people had this. We drank as much as we wished and left owing nothing.

The snow and ski in/out has been covered elsewhere but suffice to say it's great.

Take a lock with you as the ski lockers require your own lock, or you can buy one from the hotel.

Skiset have a rental area actually in the basement of the hotel. I'd booked a specific pair and they got them from a different shop. Service was v. good from them.

Mrs B says she would go back to this hotel and so would I. Laughing Laughing

Any questions just ask.
snow report
Michael B, we were there last week too (for the umpteenth time). +1 to most of your review Smile - it doesn't get much more convenient than the TN.

Only other point worth mentioning is that they have stopped opening the restaurant at lunch (maybe this changes throughout the season but was closed last week).
They do offer a packed lunch for eur9.50 pp which you must book the previous night.

Not being massive drinkers, and not being able to spend allowance in the restaurant at lunch (we're not ones for packed lunch either!), we had loads of our Crystal allowance left - nice little perk for those who have it included in their booking.
latest report
Michael B, pauly69, Thanks for the updates, its all sounding good for our trip a week on Saturday Very Happy I have pre booked on line our skis from Robino Sport which is a Twinner shop, any idea how far it is from the hotel? We also have the 150 eur credits and 75 eur for our son, sounds like it will be more than enough, cant take too much alcohol at altitude - either that or its my age rolling eyes
snow report
geoffknight wrote:
I have pre booked on line our skis from Robino Sport which is a Twinner shop, any idea how far it is from the hotel?

That'll be a fun trek up and down the hotel entrance road!

It's the other side of Plagne Centre too, but I suppose you could call in to Scotty's for a bit of refreshment... Smile
ski holidays
MrSteve, Ooeer just what I need after getting up at 3am that day, and having an 8yr old in tow, I suppose thats you price you have to pay for a good deal, and at least I know in advance Sad Cheers from Scotty's Toofy Grin
ski holidays
You can actually walk a fair part of the way along the nice refurbished indoor walkways and scout out places for lunch, as well as the various shops and boulangeries...

...hmmm, fresh croissants. Very Happy
latest report
pauly69, So who were you? I know there were about 150 pax at the hotel but we talked to quite a few. I also wore my "Snowheads" hat all week so if you saw one of those that was I. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michael B, I was me (all week) Smile

In the past at TN they had in-house 'entertainment', e.g. quizes etc which we would partake of after teaming up with other brits. This year I was surprised at the huge number of Crystal/Thomson guests, must have been a big push by the TO's, and the ambience was quite different but it was nice to see them busy for a change.

This year we (just the two of us) decided to stay low key and just kept ourselves to ourselves - I was the one skiing in Full Tilt union flag / red,white,blue / Seth M boots Very Happy - other than that I blended into the background nicely!

I didn't spot the snowHead hat otherwise I would have said hello!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy