Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton this weekend (12/13 Jan) !!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

Long term reader, 1st time poster - be nice!

Me and a mate heading out to St Anton this weekend, friday lunchtime to monday morning,

Noticed that there's a world cup event on, anyone know the implications of that?? is it going to be heaving? are there places to ski to avoid the crowds? would it be worth hiring a guide for a day? (ie will they take us places we would never go without one?)

We're not there for a long time.............

Ps - if anyone's about and fancies a beer or few message me,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are 2 Womens World Cup Races scheduled for this weekend.

This will mean that the piste being used for the Downhill will be closed. I assume they will race down from the top of Gampen down to the centre of St Anton. If you haven't arranged accommodation you may find it difficult to find any due to the large number of people there for the races.

There is still plenty of pistes that won't be affected by the races. Rendl on the other side of the valley is usually quieter than the St Anton side of the valley. Mountain Guides will certainly take you to places you would never find yourself. The 2 Mountain Guiding Organisations are "Piste to Powder" and "The Arlberg Ski School's Powder Club". However there hasn't been any significant snow fall for a while and therefore it will be very hard to find any good powder now.

I don't arrive in St Anton until Sunday lunchtime but I'll be meeting my skiing mates in the Underground on the Piste at about 4pm, next to the Ski Museum.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always worth getting a guide as the Arlberg has some great off piste. I've never been when such an event has been on but it a large area. I Love the Stuben area.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info, accommodation booked in Nasserein, been to St Anton 4 times, but never really ventured properly off piste,

Is it worth getting a guide if it hasn't snowed for a week?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Torbs a fellow snowhead seems to get a good rep on here from others that have used him.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CornishBoarder, if you want to ski powder, no. Best bet would be to speak to them in resort. The guides will be honest with you about what you can expect. If you're happy just exploring then sure.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CornishBoarder,

Welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CornishBoarder,

I won't be booking into a mountain guiding group until I'm sure there is some good powder within reasonable reach of the pistes & lifts.

If there hasn't been a recent snowfall then you may have to trek to get to the off piste, which is something I don't like doing. Last year I walked for 45 minutes up a mountain at the far side of Stuben to ski down to Verwall, it was amazing being in the middle of nowhere with the mountain guided group.

If you're staying in Nasserein drop into Tom Dooleys bar for a chilled out drink. It's about 200 metres up the hill from the Nasserein Gondola lift and it's slightly off the road.

A tip - the last free bus (the No 4) from the centre of St Anton back up the hill in Nasserein leaves the "West bus terminal" at 1800.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CornishBoarder,

Sorry I've just noticed that you are a boarder. It will be more difficult for you to access the off piste unless you use a split board or carry snow shoes and telescopic poles for the walks into and out from the backcountry.

I don't think Piste to Powder cater for snow boarders but the Powder Club will if they can get enough boarders together in one group.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
welshflyer, iirc Piste to Powder can cater for boarders if they get an all boarder group but this doesn't really ever happen.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks for all the info people, much appreciated,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't comment on the off-piste, but if you do want to get away from the crowds you could get the bus (or taxi if there are a few of you) to Lech, or the train to Sonnenkoft.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy