Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with Lifts rather than Gondalars

Poster: A snowHead
hey chaps - not my first post by the way (New computer forgot account)

Someone in our party suffers from claustophobia, and last year we had some difficulty in getting up the mountain in Sas Fee. Does anyone have any suggestion for a good resort where there is an additional way up like using Lifts

We have been too these resourts that have good chair lifts;

Sauz D'olux (sp)
Pas de La Casa

Thanking you in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PJ, Wengen has the train or a bigish cable car with plenty of chairlifts higher up, the train and cablecar can get a bit packed when it's busy but once the morning rush goes or before it starts things are not at all bad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PJ,

Im find Passo Tonale good. Most of the area has high speed quads, with bubbles you can pull down if you wish.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Puy St. Vincent has no gondolas and is great!!! Compact and Bijoux!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Arcs has great chairlifts. Apart from the reeeeally top bit it can all be done Gondola free
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Murren ....funnicular,Cable cars or chairlift...take your pick
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From memory (it was a few years back that I went there) Obergurgl might fit the bill.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PJ, Espace Killy - Val d'Isere and Tignes offer a huge ski area and I am pretty sure you don't have to use telecabines or cable cars to access most areas. Only problem would be the cable car up to the top of the Grand Motte - but you don't have to do that.

CP
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1,
Obergurgl now has the cable car across the valley to Hochgurgl and there is a big gondola in that valley as well
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJ, when you say 'gondola' do you mean 'big cable car taking 30+ people' or do you mean 'any means of transport which isn't a drag or a chair'? Did your friend have trouble with the underground train at Saas Fee? Is it the cable car itself which is the big issue or does the crowding prior to getting more of a problem?

I see I haven't answered your question...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd agree with petel and Frosty the Snowman. Both Les Arcs and Puy St Vincent would be good.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alta.
No Cable cars
No Gondolas
No Trains
No Funiculars
No Snowboarders.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No Mormons [just kidding!]
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PJ, Welcome to snowheads, go to La Rosiere, no gondolas, just chairs and surface lifts.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

PJ, when you say 'gondola' do you mean 'big cable car taking 30+ people' or do you mean 'any means of transport which isn't a drag or a chair'? Did your friend have trouble with the underground train at Saas Fee? Is it the cable car itself which is the big issue or does the crowding prior to getting more of a problem?

I see I haven't answered your question...

HI Im PJ (On my work PC)

Its the crowding issue mainly, IE large Gondolas are OK if Empty - so obviously its best to get on them early or late, however having a resort where there is the option of using lifts to get up the mountain is superb.

Often I think it is the pressure of knowing that you are going to have to go into a confined space, starts the panic attack prior to actually being in the space.

So we didnt even try the underground train at Saas fee, went up in the very small orange bubbles (just made sure only 2 of us in there) then waited for the crowds to go on the big Gondalars.

My expectation is that if we find a resort like Les Arcs seems to be where you can ski for a large area using just drags and chair lifts and then take large empty gondalars after the rush.

EVERYONE

Thanks for all this advice - always a great community, Claustophobia is a horrid thing, so its great to know you guys are being so helpfull
snow conditions
Paul, you might find that the French megaresorts 'off-peak' are just the thing. I found Saas Fee over New Year was particularly prone to queuing, we waited 20 minutes or so for a cable car on a number of occasions. Val Thorens in the second week of Easter we scarcely waited at all, except for the big Cime de Caron cable car.

Anyway - hope it works out!
snow report
Saalbach - chairlift plus one large gondola and one smaller one from the resort. They have an interactive piste map so you can view each lift in detail.

http://intermaps.feratel.com/skimaps/saalbach/saalbach/saalbach.html
snow report
the resorts of Les Saisies, Notre Dame de Bellecombe and Flumet (to be chair-lift linked this coming season to make the Espace Diamant) have no gondolas at all. And no queues either, outside peak times.
snow report
Have been to Les Saisies. Very nice wee resort. Have stayed in Crest Voland twice and had good snow both times.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy