Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two Australian skiers jailed for over 4 years for bungled bank heist in Vail, Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The extraordinary story of two Australian ski bums who robbed a bank in Vail, Colorado, and 'escaped' on a chairlift has come to its inevitable conclusion. Anthony Prince and Luke Carroll have been jailed for 54 months and 60 months respectively.

This report from Rocky Mountain News has more, and this previous snowHeads thread has the background.

Here are the world's most incompetent bank robbers (well, almost) photographed in the gents at Denver International Airport before an attempted getaway to Mexico, moments before their arrest:

Anthony Prince

Luke Carroll
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Following a request from Australian media, the FBI and state police have held a news conference to give further details of what they discovered.

This report from Seven News.

Quote:
Following the robbery, Prince and Carroll tried, unsuccessfully, to buy jewellery with $US5 ($A6.57) bills at a Denver-area store before going to another jeweller where they bought an $US8,000 ($A10,500) diamond and a men's band for about $US1,000 ($A1,300).

Carroll and Prince then went to the airport to buy one-way tickets to Mexico, only to find out the flights had already left for the day. The men then went to a nearby hotel, but did not check in because they thought the room rate was too expensive

Quote:
A day after the robbery, they drove to Denver where they were arrested at Denver International Airport (DIA) by a police officer who recognised them from the flier and by their accents. The two were busted only after taking time in an airport toilet to photograph each other in boastful poses holding wads of cash.

According to the report they were pretty remorseful when interviewed. The police could not pin down their motives exactly, but reckon they were caught up in the 'Vail lifestyle'. They're now experiencing something a little different to the 'Vail lifestyle', perhaps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'Jail' even! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bernard Condon, brilliant! 'Vailbirds become jailbirds' - I guess people might misinterpret that headline, but I wish I could sell it for you.

Certainly, these guys weren't on a dream for 'Jail, Colorado'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy