Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour of the Malissards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In keeping with my New Year resolution and to make amends for the total inane witterage I've posted in some threads since the start of winter here is some skiing.

Yesterday we set out from the deepest Chartreuse to climb to the Lance des Mallisards via the west couloir, I skied this last year

lots of frozen tracks on the west face, couloir in the distance

bottom of couloir was certainly not skiable this year, a victim of the Christmas thaw

somehow Chris had changed jersey on the climb up

a little walk along the ridge

then skis on for a fairly steep descent

Chris checking out the trees - are they rare Cimbro pines? If only he'd open his stance he'd be able to ski properly and er, mate, 65mm skis, this is serious hard nut powder, I don't think so. Oh and oi, where's yer Airbag and Helmet?

all with a backdrop of le Mont Blanc complete with "chapeau"

tracks

a reskin to climb up to the Col de Bellefont with views over a cloudy Grenoble valley

then a ski down this slope, through the woods and back to the car.

Route description here:- http://www.trainingloops.com/lance-de-malissard-west-couloir-loop.htm Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-01-13 16:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm liking that a lot. Thanks for posting, it looks a nice route snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, great pics as usual dude. Bits of that look seriously steep, or were you just doing the 'Facebook fat girl' angle with the camera? Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is steepish, but not extreme. The slope we skied is about 45 degrees at the top but the first 50 meters of snow was crappy - spring snow on a breakable crust but you can traverse and take a much less steep option. Not somewhere you want to blow your first turn but not "you fall, you die" territory.

My skiing has been really crappy this season, maybe I'm just getting old or maybe too much swapping from piste to touring skis but I need a rethink.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
looks like a nice day out. thanks for posting
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What stunning photos.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Superb, thanks for sharing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very nice, thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy